Spyder Garage

Question Two-up and sport/rally mode

Hello fellow Ryker-ryders,
    glad to be part of the community.

We bought a Ryker 900 rally edition a couple weeks ago and enjoying it a lot. However, I would prefer to be able to use sport or rally mode even when riding with my wife on the passenger seat.
    Is there any way to override the switch that prohibits this? Either via software or disabling some sensor?

Thanks in advance!

Spyder Garage

its possible - but wouldn`t do that, whats your problem in 2up mode ??
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

I really wouldn't call it a problem - I just notice, that the sport mode is quite a bit more fun than the normal mode. Given that we always ride together, I would like to have the option to sometimes switch it to sport mode (or rally mode, when we are on gravel roads)
    (Ein herzliches "Servus", übrigens!)

Spyder Garage

.. three screws under the seat ??
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Thanks - I will try to find out something about it together with my local dealer. Anyway happy to hear, that this limitation can be removed. :-)

Spyder Garage

as it is a safety feature your dealer will probably not remove it. if you like the throttle response of sport mode maybe look into a pedal commander or maybe a custom tune with a power vision 3. i can hook you up with a guy to do the tune. a stock ryker will gain about 20 hp and you can adjust throttle sensitivity and also when the full torque is supplied.

Dave

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ddorand View Post
    as it is a safety feature your dealer will probably not remove it. if you like the throttle response of sport mode maybe look into a pedal commander or maybe a custom tune with a power vision 3. i can hook you up with a guy to do the tune. a stock ryker will gain about 20 hp and you can adjust throttle sensitivity and also when the full torque is supplied.
    Dave
    thats right and 2up the Ryker has more grip on the back - with a good suspension and a stronger sway-bar she is also in 2up mode "fast" enough ..if all the sensors work correctly !

Spyder Garage

its also more top heavy, the brake bias is different.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ddorand View Post
    the brake bias is different.
    Have you seen manufacturer info on that or just speculating. Either way, interesting and it would make sense to apply more rear brake with more weight on it.