Spyder Garage

Default Any tricks/tips to reinstall those %#%! mirrors back on...!

2014 RTL. had the sides off to install baha-ron's sway bar, & did oil & filter change, etc. left side snapped on great. right side..can't get the front lwr mount to snap in... took out the spring and adjusted it alittle..man..wish they'd just used screws or bolts to mtg them...got them off okay...Plastic inside doesn't look damaged...anyway, this design sure promotes a person to buy the "magnet mtg" for sure...Tips?? heading to Sturgis in a couple days...tks

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

look at this video remember to put the top in first https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...tail&FORM=VIRE
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Just fix it once and for all time, buy yourself a set of Magic Mirror Mounts and be done with it! The only regret you're ever likely to have after that is "Why the bleedin'eck didn't I do that sooner!!"
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the link and the response...I ended up "Switching" the plastic screwed in clips from the back to the front one. The one that would not snap in, snapped in after the switch..going to order the magnet mounts asap. thanks again!

Spyder Garage

A spritz of WD 40; they snap right in!!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Praireroads View Post
    Thanks for the link and the response...I ended up "Switching" the plastic screwed in clips from the back to the front one. The one that would not snap in, snapped in after the switch..going to order the magnet mounts asap. thanks again!
    Those magnets are strong... be sure to keep razor blades away from you work area so you don't get one stuck in your thumb from about 6" away... ask me how I know....lol.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-06-2020 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Fixed quote & text display! 8-/
    2017 Can Am Commander Limited
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Black Diamond
    2020 F3 Limited Magma Red (miss the 2011 Viper red)
    2010 RT622 - Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jwulf74 View Post
    Those magnets are strong... be sure to keep razor blades away from you work area so you don't get one stuck in your thumb from about 6" away... ask me how I know....lol.
    I've been around some pretty strong rare-earth magnets in the past...I just had a thought: wonder if there is any "danger" for people who have a pace-maker and are only a few feet away from these magnets?? would not like to hear about a pace maker changing motions or shutting off....
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-06-2020 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Fixed quote & text display! 8-/

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Praireroads View Post
    I've been around some pretty strong rare-earth magnets in the past...I just had a thought: wonder if there is any "danger" for people who have a pace-maker and are only a few feet away from these magnets?? would not like to hear about a pace maker changing motions or shutting off....
    I won't give Medical advice other than, consult with your Med. professional. Except for my Magnet System .... The others have about 100lbs. of force , EACH x's 3 = 300 lbs ...... ask based on that amount ...... Good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    A spritz of WD 40; they snap right in!!
    I've had success with a very small dab of grease.

Spyder Garage

Magic Magnets are the ticket----- easy on -- easy off. And they don't vibrate / they are secure on the road.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

You can also DIY Magic Mirrors. Costs $20 or so. Blue Knight has done it. I did too.
    Eckhard

Spyder RT Ltd, 2011
    2011 RT Ltd. , Pearl White