Spyder Garage

Default 2009 parking brake repair?

hi! I'm hoping someone might know of a good youtube video that might show how to rebuild the parking brake on a 2009 GS - please?

today I bought parts as follows. a key, 2 springs, 2 bushings and a plate.

TIA
    2009 GS SE5: Stage 2 Elka front shocks, BajaRon sway bar, K&N air filter, kuryakyn foot pegs, TricLED rear and front lights.

Spyder Garage

What exactly are those parts for? If the park brake's not holding and the pads are not worn out it's probably because the lever down on the wheel needs to be removed from the splined shaft and repositioned a notch or 3 rearward.
    The best substitute for brains & knowledge is....................silence.

Spyder Garage

What are you trying to fix. If the pedal does not fully go to the top, does not latch or unlatch correctly. The mechanism needs to be cleaned and lubricated. Stuff some rags behind it. Give it a good spray with brake clean, wd40 or something similar to clean. Then lube with engine oil as recommened by brp or spray lithium grease. That's what I used. Make sure you get the oil or grease on top of the cam and in the slot. If the pedal bottoms out when applied. Remove the lever on the brake caliper and rotate the shaft to adjust.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
    What exactly are those parts for? If the park brake's not holding and the pads are not worn out it's probably because the lever down on the wheel needs to be removed from the splined shaft and repositioned a notch or 3 rearward.
    Thx for reply. Been busy at work and just now able to reply.

Those parts are all parking brake parts.
    When I get home ill take pics of parts and post.

About a month ago I did this.
    https://youtu.be/qnIgEZ1pgRw

But its starting to not hold again depending on how I step down on parking brake. My brakes on the bike were all replaced this padt December.

Its my daily ride. No car for me.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!
    2009 GS SE5: Stage 2 Elka front shocks, BajaRon sway bar, K&N air filter, kuryakyn foot pegs, TricLED rear and front lights.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    What are you trying to fix. If the pedal does not fully go to the top, does not latch or unlatch correctly. The mechanism needs to be cleaned and lubricated. Stuff some rags behind it. Give it a good spray with brake clean, wd40 or something similar to clean. Then lube with engine oil as recommened by brp or spray lithium grease. That's what I used. Make sure you get the oil or grease on top of the cam and in the slot. If the pedal bottoms out when applied. Remove the lever on the brake caliper and rotate the shaft to adjust.
    This is happening too. Ill give it a try.

Thank you

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Claire View Post
    ..... But its starting to not hold again depending on how I step down on parking brake .......
    If that's the case it needs adjusting again.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-08-2020 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display
    The best substitute for brains & knowledge is....................silence.

Spyder Garage

update. I installed the parking brake parts & the partking brake has been holding tight ever since. The old spring was well old and another part the teeth were noticably worn.