Spyder Garage

Default New Elka shocks on front 2009 GS

finally - Elka stage 2 front shocks installed today. It was a 2 months wait. my order went in 1st week of june and it appears Elka closed down for approx 2 weeks. fast forward it was worth the wait. now I need to save my pennies for a rear shock.

I saved the 2 front original shocks anyone have an idea what I can sell them for?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2009 GS SE5: Stage 2 Elka front shocks, BajaRon sway bar, K&N air filter, kuryakyn foot pegs, TricLED rear and front lights.

Spyder Garage

I am just looking for a Shock upgrade for my 2010 RS please share the part number you ordered to get yours,
    Thanks
    Jerry

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Phobius View Post
    I am just looking for a Shock upgrade for my 2010 RS please share the part number you ordered to get yours,
    Thanks
    Jerry

Hey Jerry I just noticed this. When I ordered -- I ordered thru the dealer & they give elka the yr make & model of my bike. you can go to elkas web site & put in the yr & model of your bike. it will show shocks compatible
    2009 GS SE5: Stage 2 Elka front shocks, BajaRon sway bar, K&N air filter, kuryakyn foot pegs, TricLED rear and front lights.

Spyder Garage

here's the rear shock added a couple of weeks ago. Elka had a 2 month wait time!

haha sorry for sideways pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

full time RV'er on the road. Well we were. Now, 6 months in ThreeRivers Mi and 6 months in Apache
    Spyder Garage

S T O P!!!!!! I have Elka stage 2 all around. They handle handle fantastic but have a HORRIBLE failure rate. I am not trying to tell anyone that theirs is doomed to failure but in my searching around this forum and others, the failure rate (leakage) seem around 50 %. I have had my front shocks rebuilt 3 times in 3 years. And I only drive on paved roads. The rear one has been perfect. They absolutely transformed my ST, just be aware.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fulltimer View Post
    S T O P!!!!!! I have Elka stage 2 all around. They handle handle fantastic but have a HORRIBLE failure rate. I am not trying to tell anyone that theirs is doomed to failure but in my searching around this forum and others, the failure rate (leakage) seem around 50 %. I have had my front shocks rebuilt 3 times in 3 years. And I only drive on paved roads. The rear one has been perfect. They absolutely transformed my ST, just be aware.
    This is not the case in my experience, I have had stage #2 Elkas on my GS for 7+ years and #2 Elkas on my F3 for 5+ years with zero issues.

FASTFORWARD: over the past 2 years we have sold a few hundred sets of Elkas with only one shock leaking, I would say that is a very low failure rate.
    PE #2735
    RUBBER SIDE DOWN SHINY SIDE UP!!!!!!!!!!
    Never ride faster than your Angel can fly...

full time RV'er on the road. Well we were. Now, 6 months in ThreeRivers Mi and 6 months in Apache
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYMAN View Post
    This is not the case in my experience, I have had stage #2 Elkas on my GS for 7+ years and #2 Elkas on my F3 for 5+ years with zero issues.

FASTFORWARD: over the past 2 years we have sold a few hundred sets of Elkas with only one shock leaking, I would say that is a very low failure rate.
    Great. Perhaps they have fixed what ever was causing the problem. As I said earlier, they totally transformed my ST. Just the failure rate has been dissapointing for me. I'm sure you are totally happy with yours.