Spyder Garage

Default 2019 RT midwest repair and maintenance manuals, incomplete or am i missing something?

I bought this manual and i can say its nothing like the manuals i'm used to for services other vehicles such as Chilton Repair manuals. I'm fixing to install some Tri Axis bars and wanted to get a feel for the task ahead. Well after some connecting the dots of how this book as laid out i went from searching "how to remove handle bars to removing Ignition Switch Cover (which in lamens term is handlebars).. Who would have thought the entire handle bar would be classified as the Switch cover. Anyhow to get to have access to remove the Ignition Switch Cover (Handlebar) the book says you have to remove the Console Module. Do you know this book does not tell you how to remove the console module but rather gives a parts layout of the console module. It gives complete instructions on how to remove and disassemble the Front cargo (Frunk) but does not show how to remove the Console Module or am i missing something. Did i pay 25.00 for an incomplete book or is this just normal for recreational repair and Maintenance manuals? I see a lot of folks on here suggest users get a repair manual but they seem to be incomplete, or at least the one i purchased.

Thank goodness for some videos and pictures some other spyderlovers member posted. I mean i have 35 yrs experience working on automobiles and i know i could figure it out but knowledge is power and i was trying to get a head of the game.. For all you with service Manuals, which manuals are you using that gives you disassemble procedures for stuff like removing the Console Modules and all?

All advice greatly appreciated!

Spyder Garage

Do you have the BRP instructions for installing the Tri-Axis Handlebars? If you PM me your email address I'll send them to you.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have the 2014 version of the manual. It shows the module removal process in a section called Console Module Removal. Do a search in the manual for console module. That should find it for you. I find the search function oftentimes works better than the Table of Contents. I don't remember if or if not the Tri-Axis installation instructions show how to remove the console. If you don't already have the installation instructions you can get them at www.instructions.brp.com/

FYI, the Midwest manual supposedly is a true pdf copy of the bona fide BRP service manual, although not officially sanctioned by BRP. BRP does not publish to the retail market an electronic copy of their manuals.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Thank you billybovine for the instructions.
    Jaybros thank you also.
    IdahomtnSpyder, what i have is the electronic copy and i did do a search for Ignition Switch cover. When i found that section on removing the Ignition Switch cover it directed me to remove Console Module first which is located in the Body section of the pdf. In the Body section of the PDF the console module listed there is only a parts layout (that is could see) of the console and i scrolled through the entire "Body" section until i got to the Frame section (which was the next section). In the Body Scetion under Procedures are only steps to remove Frunk, take apart the Frunk, Right and Left floor boards and the rear cargo department. It gives great instructions on how to remove and adjust the rear cargo latch mechanisms. But nothing in that Body section for removal of the Console Module. And since you stated in your book it was labeled Console Module Removal i just now went back and did a search and it still did not produce any new results. I guess the 2014 books were better than the 2019's.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
    And since you stated in your book it was labeled Console Module Removal i just now went back and did a search and it still did not produce any new results. I guess the 2014 books were better than the 2019's.
    IMO, documentation consistency and control is not one of BRP's greater strengths. There are parts of my 2014 manual that were not copied over from the 2013 manual. You will eventually run across inconsistencies in nomenclature between sections of a single year's manual and between years. Since Midwest simply makes a copy of the BRP document we really can't blame Midwest for the problems with the manual. At least that's how I see it.

To view the manual issue really cynically, complaining to Midwest about problems with the manual would be like complaining to the bank robber for passing out dirty dollar bills instead of new ones!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

Great point. I did however just emails them and nicely asked if it is possible that some parts got left out by mistake. And i explained to them what the manual states and that it is pointing the end user to an area in the manual that is not there. I guess we will see what the outcome will be but im sure there want be an outcome in my favor like getting a complete manual.
    Well as i was writing this i got a reply back from the email i sent the manual designer (Talking about quick turn around). They too tried to find the procedure to remove the Console Module and couldnt so they sent me the Body Section alone only problem is it is the body section for the 2020 module which is a complete new design. So i ask them if they had one for the module i ordered the manual for so we will see. If nothing else i guess i know how to take some body parts off a 2020 module.

Spyder Garage

There have been a few other favorable comments here about responses from Midwest. But try tracing their trail. I'm sure you won't find the true origin point for them!! My efforts to find out who they are have led me to view them as operating on the gray edge of the dark web.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
    Great point. I did however just emails them and nicely asked if it is possible that some parts got left out by mistake. And i explained to them what the manual states and that it is pointing the end user to an area in the manual that is not there. I guess we will see what the outcome will be but im sure there want be an outcome in my favor like getting a complete manual.
    Well as i was writing this i got a reply back from the email i sent the manual designer (Talking about quick turn around). They too tried to find the procedure to remove the Console Module and couldnt so they sent me the Body Section alone only problem is it is the body section for the 2020 module which is a complete new design. So i ask them if they had one for the module i ordered the manual for so we will see. If nothing else i guess i know how to take some body parts off a 2020 module.
    A long while back I contacted the seller of these electronic manuals also in regards to missing sections. I even shared with them, that in regards to the 2014 manuals, they were supplements to previous version / years. I explained that without them supplying previous version, they were only supplying an incomplete manual with many missing sections.

Once This was shown to them, they no longer responded to any emails and with that I no longer recommend Green Manuals or their sisters as being complete and accurate manuals unless you are willing to purchase a complete manual set.