So I thought my wife's '11 RT had eaten the inside edge of the right front Kenda a bunch in just the last few short trips she's taken, and I am planning on trailering the bike to a laser alignment place in Spearfish, South Dakota as soon as the 15 inch wheels and Vredesteins I ordered get here. Well, we went and gassed up an hour ago, and I looked at the tire and thought, "Wait a minute...there's more tread than I remember!" Yeah. The tire has not only worn on the inside, it has worn DRASTICALLY unevenly around the circumference, so depending on where the tire is in its rotation, it looks either bald as a cue ball or just to the wear bars. So while it still may have an alignment issue (and definitely need new shoes!), the bizarre wear on the right combined with even wear on the left tire, centered handlebars, lack of wander, and equal left-to-right steering effort is leading me to wonder if the problem is actually a defective tire. I still intend to get it aligned, but I am gonna be hella mad if it turns out it was just the rubber and I spend a hundred bucks on gas and meals, waste a full day going to another state, and possibly spend another 120 to be told there's nothing wrong with the alignment.

spyder tire.jpg

spydertire2.jpg