Spyder Garage

Default Best Tensioner Came Yesterday

Went out today, thinking I could wing it with the install since it didn't have any instructions with it. Took first left panel off the F3T...easy. Then looked at and piddled with the panel behind that one and couldn't see any way to get it off. Came in house and searched this forum to find that you first have to pull the passenger seat off in order to get the rider seat off in order to get that little panel off! Passenger seat didn't want to come off; have had trouble with it before. Sheesh!

Way too much trouble since I don't have enough vibrations for all this bother. Just seemed like a good idea at first. Hung it on the wall.

As they say: look before you leap.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

PM sent

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

The joys of farkelitis!
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ulflyer View Post
    Went out today, thinking I could wing it with the install since it didn't have any instructions with it. Took first left panel off the F3T...easy. Then looked at and piddled with the panel behind that one and couldn't see any way to get it off. Came in house and searched this forum to find that you first have to pull the passenger seat off in order to get the rider seat off in order to get that little panel off! Passenger seat didn't want to come off; have had trouble with it before. Sheesh!

Way too much trouble since I don't have enough vibrations for all this bother. Just seemed like a good idea at first. Hung it on the wall.

As they say: look before you leap.
    IMHO you did the best thing ( you can sell it ) ..... I posted in another thread, are the vibes that Bad, that you want to risk the drive belt ???? ... Rollers have failed more than a few times ( from other members reports ) and that will ruin a drive belt .... cost $350.00 DIY more if the dealer replaces ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

Could not have said it better, but I was about to!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

I had a similar issue with install, have a stock F3, no back seat to remove but could not find a way to remove drivers seat? So pulled back panel and removed old bolts, reinstalled the tensioner as directed! Rode about 30 miles and when I checked the tensioner, it seems to just be riding on the left inside half of the wheel? Removed everything again to reset the tensioner, reset it so the wheel was riding on the center of the belt, after another short ride, same issue? Oh, and unfortunately, striped one of the four panel bolts as I put everything back together a second time! Sucks! But my fault, got in a rush... anyway, wrote to LaMonster for suggestions, but really think I will follow your lead and just hang it on the wall and chalk this up to money wasted!

Spyder Garage

Don, you make me glad I didn't try to install the thing. Its hanging on the wall....along with other old or unused motorcycle parts.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)