Thread: USB Music??

Spyder Garage

Default USB Music??

Just came back from a 2 weeks trip with friends of mine. We all have RT. Mine tho is a 2018 RT Limited. My 2 friends can plug in a USB stick into their Rt and listen to music all day. Can we NOT do the same with an 2018 and above? I found no USB settings or play options in my bike But they do?? Weird that a NEWER bike would not play form a USB stick.. Tks
    Lamonster Bumpskid
    BajaRon Swaybar
    Tricled LED Backup light
    Tricled LED Headlight
    Lordco LED Signal Light
    Jurock Windshield
    Sirius XM Satellite Radio

Spyder Garage

You USB stick may have problem, you can use buy a Plugable USB 3.0.

Spyder Garage

Your right. USB stick is not compatible. Use your smartphone as the music player. Just pair with BT and you don't have to plug it in at all.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

billybovine was right on the money with this one. Model year 2018 and newer do not have the option to plug a in USB stick for music. The 2017 was the last year that you could plug a stick into the cable in the glovebox and listen..

johnv
    USMC RETIRED

BLUE KNIGHTS NYV

2022 F3T Glacier Blue

Spyder Garage

Ok tks guys Much Appreciated..
    Lamonster Bumpskid
    BajaRon Swaybar
    Tricled LED Backup light
    Tricled LED Headlight
    Lordco LED Signal Light
    Jurock Windshield
    Sirius XM Satellite Radio

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnv50 View Post
    billybovine was right on the money with this one. Model year 2018 and newer do not have the option to plug a in USB stick for music. The 2017 was the last year that you could plug a stick into the cable in the glovebox and listen..

johnv
    Good grief, thats what that cable is for. Will give it a try.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

Make sure you select USB with your left controller. If you have any issues getting it to work PM me.

johnv
    USMC RETIRED

BLUE KNIGHTS NYV

2022 F3T Glacier Blue

Spyder Garage

What MY is that cable on? I don't recall seeing one in my 2014.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Check in your trunk (not frunk).

Spyder Garage

There is some confusion here on what audio input options there are by year and model.

Since this is a RT forum. I will start there.

2010 to 2015 comes with 2 cables. Both plug into the 7 pin DIN connector in the rear trunk. One cable has a 3.5 mm stereo plug that will plug into any device with a headphone jack for an audio source. The other cable plugs into Apple devices. It will keep the device charged and can be controlled from the handlebar controls.

2016 and 2017. They have 2 connectors in the glove box. A usb connector to plugin a Apple device or a usb stick with audio files on it. Both are controllable from the handlebar controls. Also has a 3.5 mm stereo audio plug that will plug into any device with a headphone jack.

2018 and 2019. They have 2 connectors in the front trunk. A usb connector that only works with a smartphone, Apple or Android. With the BRP connect app loaded on them can display a limited number of apps on the Spyders dash. The apps are controllable from the handlebar controls. No audio on the usb. Also a 3.5 mm stereo plug that will plug into any device with a headphone jack. Also is able to Blue Tooth connect with a smartphone, Apple or Android. This will allow all audio from the smartphone to be played through the Spyders speakers or your BT helmet headset. Also gives full telephony functions to answer or make calls from the handlebar controls into your helmet headset.

2020 is the same as the 2018 and 2019 except that the usb cable and 3.5 mm stereo cable are in the glove box.

All ST models with a radio are the same as 2010 to 2015 RT except the 2 cables are in the front trunk.

F3 models with a radio. Are the same as RT models the same year except the cables are in the glove box.

This is from memory. So if I have made an error please point it out.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

I was wondering. I got mine used so thought I might be missing something. I have the 3.5mm plug, but not the apple one, but I'm fine with that, I don't own any. USB would be handy, but I can get by with the headphones in the helmet/BT setup for now.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    There is some confusion here on what audio input options there are by year and model.

Since this is a RT forum. I will start there.

2010 to 2015 comes with 2 cables. Both plug into the 7 pin DIN connector in the rear trunk. One cable has a 3.5 mm stereo plug that will plug into any device with a headphone jack for an audio source. The other cable plugs into Apple devices. It will keep the device charged and can be controlled from the handlebar controls.

2016 and 2017. They have 2 connectors in the glove box. A usb connector to plugin a Apple device or a usb stick with audio files on it. Both are controllable from the handlebar controls. Also has a 3.5 mm stereo audio plug that will plug into any device with a headphone jack.

2018 and 2019. They have 2 connectors in the front trunk. A usb connector that only works with a smartphone, Apple or Android. With the BRP connect app loaded on them can display a limited number of apps on the Spyders dash. The apps are controllable from the handlebar controls. No audio on the usb. Also a 3.5 mm stereo plug that will plug into any device with a headphone jack. Also is able to Blue Tooth connect with a smartphone, Apple or Android. This will allow all audio from the smartphone to be played through the Spyders speakers or your BT helmet headset. Also gives full telephony functions to answer or make calls from the handlebar controls into your helmet headset.

2020 is the same as the 2018 and 2019 except that the usb cable and 3.5 mm stereo cable are in the glove box.

All ST models with a radio are the same as 2010 to 2015 RT except the 2 cables are in the front trunk.

F3 models with a radio. Are the same as RT models the same year except the cables are in the glove box.

This is from memory. So if I have made an error please point it out.

Talk about trying to hit a moving target!!

Tim
    Current - 2010 Spyder RTS

1) Experience is something you don't get until after you need it.
    2) A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    3) IF YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO DO IT RIGHT, WHEN WILL YOU HAVE TIME TO DO IT OVER??
    ___

Horsepower is an illusory mathematical equation; Torque is REAL, and is the source of all good things in the world.

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?

Please check out my pics!!

Spyder Garage

billybovine, I have a 2016 Spyder RT-Limited and I do not have any connectors in the glove box, only the rear trunk. Am I missing something?

Spyder Garage

Would anyone know where I could get the round din connector to 3.5mm aux cable?
    Tried the usual suspects like eBay but nothing atm.
    Would work well enough for me on my 2014rt to just plug my phone or DAP into and let her play.
    There were no cables included with my RT.
    Thank you
    2014 Spyder RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Never mind...lol
    Take out the word Spyder and just search 3.5mm to 7 pin din and a raft of cables pop up from like $10.
    Worth buying one to see if it works ok at that price.
    2014 Spyder RT , Black

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hermdog View Post
    billybovine, I have a 2016 Spyder RT-Limited and I do not have any connectors in the glove box, only the rear trunk. Am I missing something?
    What is the manufacture date of your RT? I wonder if it was an early production 2016 that didn't have all of the technical changes incorporated into from the 2015 model. There have been several discussions here about an early production new MY Spyder still technically being the same as the previous MY.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    What is the manufacture date of your RT? I wonder if it was an early production 2016 that didn't have all of the technical changes incorporated into from the 2015 model. There have been several discussions here about an early production new MY Spyder still technically being the same as the previous MY.
    I don't have any wires or connection in my glove box. I have a, 2016 RTL.

I do have the 2 cables in the trunk.
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Blue View Post

What I mean is the month and year of manufacture, e.g., 05/2015. It's shown on the label under the seat or on the swingarm. The 2016 RT owner's guide shows the connections should be in the glove box.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Little Blue View Post

I've had a 16, and am currently with a 17. Neither had wires in the glove box, both had them in the trunk
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-24-2021 at 07:49 PM. Reason: truck = trunk ;-)

2017 RT-S

Bump Skid - Spyderpops
    Wrap - Wrapmyspyder
    swaybar - Bajaron
    Sena 20D & SM10
    3 PC Mesh Zippered Lid Net Set - TricLED
    A arm LED's - Safety LED's - TricLED
    Mirror Sequential turn signals
    Glo-riders
    LED rear turn signals and reverse lights
    Front Grills
    Third Brake light
    Larson Scanner
    Light Up - Sue Hopper

Spyder Garage

OK, I just reread through this thread and the 2016 Operator's Guide. It looks like billybovine remembered incorrectly. The cables are in the trunk, not the glove box. The guide says "some" devices connected into the USB port can be controlled by the left handlebar controls. The big question is what does "some" mean? Some USB sticks, or only iPhones and iPods?

With the 2018 RT an audio device can be played through the USB port in the frunk, but not a USB stick. An iPod can be partially controlled by the left handlebar control.

It appears to me that the 2016 & 2017 radios are the only ones that have a digital to analog decoder built in. I didn't know that any RT radios had decoders built in.

2014 Copper RTS