Spyder Garage

Default uFit system for the new RT

Why is it that BRP didn't design the 2020/21 RT with the uFit system for different length legs/arms? It's a lost opportunity as many F3 riders with longer legs don't feel comfortable with using the brake on the new RT. I don't see any parts in the catalog for doing this. I do find the new RT compelling as an F3L replacement.

I, myself, have my F3L setup for the position 5. The only way that I know of making an RT to fit me is to trim back the front of the passenger seat 4 inches thus making the rider backrest bracket unusable and reducing the amount of passenger seating. That's OK as I hardly ever have a passenger. On top of that I would swap out the handle bars for the F3L model and look at the angle of the brake lever.

Has anyone bought the new RT and customized it for longer legs? If so, can you show some pictures and let us know what you think?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Any F3 bars will work on the new 2020 RT. I think the Comfort seat moves you back about 2". I don't know of any way to move the floorboards.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    Any F3 bars will work on the new 2020 RT. I think the Comfort seat moves you back about 2". I don't know of any way to move the floorboards.
    Thank you

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderBite View Post

Has anyone bought the new RT and customized it for longer legs? If so, can you show some pictures and let us know what you think?
    If someone develops that, SpyderBite, CanAm will make some extra RT sales.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I can verify that the F3 bars work and that the comfort seat moves you back a couple of inches. I've add both to my 2020 RTL. ( I went with the Attitude bars to get the wrist angle improvement)
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Go up. Other manufacturers address this by offering a Tall seat. If you have a custom made saddle, you can address your fitment issues. Low slung and long legs.....a conundrum! Just a thought. Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Thank you all for your thoughts and insight.

Spyder Garage

According to my dealer, Can Am shot themselves in the foot with the UFit system. They did this because it was a great idea from the engineers and developers, but once it hit the money guys desk, they screwed it up. I was told the display and miscellaneous equipment that went with the UFit was horribly expensive for low volume mom and pop dealers, plus it took up too much real estate. All of which lead it to not be cost effective.

Not surprisingly, every Can Am dealer I've ever spoken to has had the same complaints about the company being hard on their dealer network on a variety of levels.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KX5062 View Post
    According to my dealer, Can Am shot themselves in the foot with the UFit system. They did this because it was a great idea from the engineers and developers, but once it hit the money guys desk, they screwed it up. I was told the display and miscellaneous equipment that went with the UFit was horribly expensive for low volume mom and pop dealers, plus it took up too much real estate. All of which lead it to not be cost effective.

Not surprisingly, every Can Am dealer I've ever spoken to has had the same complaints about the company being hard on their dealer network on a variety of levels.
    What you say has a lot of truth behind it. When I was in AK, I heard complaints of what the required display package cost, the amount of inventory required, the u-fit package, and the straw that broke the camels back...had to buy a package of 12 Rykers when they were introduced.

It is the small dealers that seem to be the best ones. Not so the biggies.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    ...When I was in AK, I heard complaints of what the required display package cost, the amount of inventory required, the u-fit package, and the straw that broke the camels back...had to buy a package of 12 Rykers when they were introduced...
    Such is not unusual in the retail business that deals with some kind of hardware. The Cannondale bicycle company has lost a number of excellent small local shops throughout the country over the years because the floor plans required shops to load up on numbers of bicycles that had little chance of good sales so the shops refused to do business with or dropped the company because of excessive inventory cost that was not going to move.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S