Spyder Garage

Default 2015 F3S hand throttle sticking! Fixes or Ideas?

My wife and I both have 2015 F3S' with about 10000 miles on them. They both have developed a problem with the hand throttle sticking, or dragging. My bike is a little worse than hers. I removed the back cover plate on the control attached to the hand grip (throttle). Cannot pinpoint the problem and affraid to take everything apart without more knowledge. I wonder if the little sleeve in there that rotates when turning the throttle can be lubed slightly with something without contaminating the sensor. Any info anyone can provide will be appreciated. Thanks.

Spyder Garage

I had the same problem with mine I found the problem was a mixture of bug guts and grime between the throttle grip and the switch gear gave it a quick spray with Silicone Spray Lubricant both sides of the grip worked the throttle a few times fixed the problem for me. Silicone Lubricant won't damage the sensor or the plastic sleeve
    2017 f3-s daytona , circuit yellow metallic

Spyder Garage

I will give that a try. thanks much.

Spyder Garage

Nice to know if mine starts doing that.
    Larry 2015 Spyder F3 SM6
    2015 F3 SM6 , Orange

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by coldgen View Post
    My wife and I both have 2015 F3S' with about 10000 miles on them. They both have developed a problem with the hand throttle sticking, or dragging. My bike is a little worse than hers. I removed the back cover plate on the control attached to the hand grip (throttle). Cannot pinpoint the problem and affraid to take everything apart without more knowledge. I wonder if the little sleeve in there that rotates when turning the throttle can be lubed slightly with something without contaminating the sensor. Any info anyone can provide will be appreciated. Thanks.
    I wanted to reduce the amount of force needed to accelerate ( it caused my hand to get tired ) so I removed the outer grip and removed one spring ..... when I re-placed the rubber grip I discovered having only one spring prevented the throttle from returning ( to off ) .... I loosening the bolt ( very slightly ) and this returned the throttle to normal operation, except it was easier to turn .... this worked for me ..... Mike