Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I installed Power Commander after watching MartintheVloger and it really is a way cool addition to my 2019 F3 Limited! It always bugged me how I would have cruise control on, need to accelerate to pass, and have to roll my throttle almost all the way down to get a response. Yes, no additional power, but it certainly makes it way more responsive and just plain fun! I agree that Sport Plus is basically unsafe (in my hands), but how cool is it to be able to control your Beast as your mood strikes you on that particular ride!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boz329 View Post
    I installed Power Commander after watching MartintheVloger and it really is a way cool addition to my 2019 F3 Limited! It always bugged me how I would have cruise control on, need to accelerate to pass, and have to roll my throttle almost all the way down to get a response. Yes, no additional power, but it certainly makes it way more responsive and just plain fun! I agree that Sport Plus is basically unsafe (in my hands), but how cool is it to be able to control your Beast as your mood strikes you on that particular ride!
    Do you mean Pedal Commander or Power Commander? Also, throttle response always lags with the cruise control set/engaged. It's designed that way.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Pedal Commander. My bad. Shoot me.

Spyder Garage

Would've if we could've, but you just flashed right on by!! You was going pretty fast.....

Pedal Commander; Power Commander.... whatever! Glad it's working for you, and good on you for telling us all - it all adds to the body of knowledge & experiences.Thank You! Now get back out there & Enjoy!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Who has the promotion? Code didn't work at Slingmods.
    I received an email from Slingmods with the promotion code, and it worked for me. Maybe they have the code tied to prior customers with an account? I would call them if the code doesn't work.

Currently Own: 2019 Ryker Rally
    Previously Owned: 2019 F3 Spyder

Spyder Garage

I only asked because they make both for the Spyder ...

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tbohman56 View Post
    I received an email from Slingmods with the promotion code, and it worked for me. Maybe they have the code tied to prior customers with an account? I would call them if the code doesn't work.
    I logged in (also prior customer), added the PC to the cart and tried the PC50 coupon. No luck. With the coupon was it/did you get it for $249 ? I'll drop a note to them. Thanks

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Yes, 249.

Currently Own: 2019 Ryker Rally
    Previously Owned: 2019 F3 Spyder

Spyder Garage

email sent/voice message left. I'll get one for $249 if possible. Thx

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Just was advised not on sale or have a code for the Spyder. He said to call. Are your units Spyders, not Rykers?
    ** The PC50 code works for Rykers ONLY, NOT Spyders. FYI ... **

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

After talking to Chris at Slingmods, I pulled the trigger and ordered up a Pedal Commander for my 2019 F3-S. He advised that they are offering a 30 day/no questions asked return policy if not happy (offered by the MFR), so I thought WTH. One question I had was if the PC overrode the Spyder modes, as I didn't want to lose my ECO/Sport functions. I DO use ECO mode/cruise control for long freeway rides as I do try to get max mpg for these long stretches. Chris wasn't aware how this would work, but it was his opinion that with the PC in City mode, along with the Spyder in ECO mode, this would allow the cruise control to work. It'll be interesting to see it performs with my PV3 tweaked map. I missed the Friday mail out, so it won't ship until Monday. Coming to WI from CA, it'll likely be late next week at earliest before I receive it. I'll keep you informed ..

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

After talking to Chris at Slingmods, I pulled the trigger and ordered up a Pedal Commander for my 2019 F3-S. He advised that they are offering a 30 day/no questions asked return policy if not happy (offered by the MFR), so I thought WTH. One question I had was if the PC overrode the Spyder modes, as
    I didn't want to lose my ECO/Sport functions. I DO use ECO mode/cruise control for long freeway rides as I do try to get max mpg for these long stretches. Chris wasn't aware how this would work, but it was his opinion that with the PC in City mode, along with the Spyder in ECO mode, this would allow the cruise control to work. It'll be interesting to see it performs with my PV3 tweaked map. I missed the Friday mail out, so it won't ship until Monday. Coming to WI from CA, it'll likely be late next week at earliest before I receive it. I'll keep you informed ..
    Please keep us informed on your results...I don't use ECO mode....but...I do use cruise control..let us know.

Spyder Garage

Was supposed to arrive today, but surprise surprise, it's running late

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Was supposed to arrive today, but surprise surprise, it's running late
    No word yet from the mailman?...status please.

Spyder Garage

It arrived at the local P.O. this morning, so I will have it tomorrow . I'll have it all disassembled and ready to pop on. I'm not going to mount it on my handlebars, so I'll have to find a good spot to place it inside the tupperware. I'll have initial impressions tomorrow

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Excellent..Monday it is...I'll probably have mine in mid to late September...I got new shocks and they were not cheap..so I have to recover from that.

Spyder Garage

Out for delivery

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

It is now installed, and ..... WOW !! This thing makes the throttle sooo much more responsive. Install was a breeze, and I mounted it on the side of the brake fluid reservoir. The app is slick and easy, and makes programming a breeze. After install, I set out to see how it does. As soon as I put it in 1st and went down the street, I noticed the difference. I got out of town and romped it down as soon as I hit the 55mph speed zone. That's when the bad happened. I heard a "beep beep" and the bike went into limp mode, with CEL flashing. CRAP !! I rode back home and shut it down for about 10 minutes. I then fired it up and went back out. No more limp mode and no more CEL. That ride went flawless. Sport in sport is really twitchy, but exhilarating. Back to city mode, as I didn't even try the Sport+ mode. In city mode, ECO mode on the Spyder is even more peppy. Cruise control works fine. If caught in rain/bad weather, I'll either set the PC to ECO and not worry about CC as I wouldn't use it then anyways or just turn the PC off. I went back home and did a couple more park and rides, and no more Limp Home or CEL. I pulled out my PV3 and checked for a code, and P0022 was displayed. Its causes are here:

What Is The Cause Of Code P0022?

Engine oil too low*
    Dirty engine oil*
    Sludged up engine
    Low oil pressure
    Malfunctioning camshaft timing
    Short in intake timing control/oil control circuit
    Faulty intake valve timing control solenoid
    Faulty oil control valve (OCV)
    *most common

My oil level is good and dipstick shows it nice and clean. I "think" my issue was getting a bit over zealous before the engine was fully warmed to operating temps. I did ride a few miles at 25-40mph, before romping, but I'm sure the engine wasn't fully warmed up. After a few park/ride sessions with no repeats, I did clear the code with my PV3. I'll keep riding to see how it goes, and hopefully no more issues. I suspect all will be well with fingers crossed. But back to the topic, the Pedal Commander is a hoot
    Attached Images Attached Images

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

It is now installed, and ..... WOW !! This thing makes the throttle sooo much more responsive. Install was a breeze, and I mounted it on the side of the brake fluid reservoir. The app is slick and easy, and makes programming a breeze. After install, I set out to see how it does. As soon as I put it in 1st and went down the street, I noticed the difference. I got out of town and romped it down as soon as I hit the 55mph speed zone. That's when the bad happened. I heard a "beep beep" and the bike went into limp mode, with CEL flashing. CRAP !! I rode back home and shut it down for about 10 minutes. I then fired it up and went back out. No more limp mode and no more CEL. That ride went flawless. Sport in sport is really twitchy, but exhilarating. Back to city mode, as I didn't even try the Sport+ mode. In city mode, ECO mode on the Spyder is even more peppy. Cruise control works fine. If caught in rain/bad weather, I'll either set the PC to ECO and not worry about CC as I wouldn't use it then anyways or just turn the PC off. I went back home and did a couple more park and rides, and no more Limp Home or CEL. I pulled out my PV3 and checked for a code, and P0022 was displayed. Its causes are here:

What Is The Cause Of Code P0022?

Engine oil too low*
    Dirty engine oil*
    Sludged up engine
    Low oil pressure
    Malfunctioning camshaft timing
    Short in intake timing control/oil control circuit
    Faulty intake valve timing control solenoid
    Faulty oil control valve (OCV)
    *most common

My oil level is good and dipstick shows it nice and clean. I "think" my issue was getting a bit over zealous before the engine was fully warmed to operating temps. I did ride a few miles at 25-40mph, before romping, but I'm sure the engine wasn't fully warmed up. After a few park/ride sessions with no repeats, I did clear the code with my PV3. I'll keep riding to see how it goes, and hopefully no more issues. I suspect all will be well with fingers crossed. But back to the topic, the Pedal Commander is a hoot
    Interesting...do some more high speed runs..and see if that trouble code pops up again..

Spyder Garage

Well .. No news is good news. I did many more runs today without issues. When I left today, I back tracked my route from yesterday. At the point where I started romping yesterday, my engine temp display was only at two bars. Today I waited until fully warmed up, at 5 bars displayed. I'm hoping it was an oil pressure/not fully warmed type thing, as the bike runs flawlessly with no idle/drivability issues. As far as the Pedal Commander goes, I'm sure it was a coincidental thing. You will like it

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

I did install the pedal commander on my 2019 f3s yesterday I mounted it on handle bars easy job. started to rain so I will test ride it today, can't wait
    richie spyder

Spyder Garage

ok I went for a ride with the pedal commander wow ,had it set on sport +2 feels great instant power did not get any codes yet, try all settings,I like sport 1or2+,the sport setting on the bike still works and the cruse still works, it is a keeper I will let you know if I have any problems with it so far I love it.
    richie spyder

Spyder Garage

hi martin dose the pedal command stop the vss from working?
    richie spyder

Spyder Garage

Not Martin, but no it won't.

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

ok thanks troop nice to know
    richie spyder