Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very Active Member Martin Slovakia's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Pedal Commander - So Sick that you must have it - CanAm 1330 version

Ufffff... hard to explain the feeling. Its just crazy in Sport+/ +4mode
    I was shaking and at the end I was rYding on my first day in City mode... Yep MartinTheVlogger had City mode ON. Its sick.
    And if you want to do some sick upgrade to your bike, ufff... no doubt, this UPGRADE is for yaaaa.

Spyder Garage

Always enjoy your vids and this one is no exception!

Spyder Garage

Man, that looks like an awesome piece of technology.....
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Loved your video! I was cracking up when you were yelling, screaming, and laughing when using sport + for the first time. Classic! I'm getting a Pedal Commander for my F3!
    2020 CAN-AM Spyder F3-S Special Series (sold)

2022 CAN-AM Ryker Rally 900

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

This product piqued my interest .... UNTILL I went to the " Slingmods " web site ( PS I don't find them as being a Sponsor here ???? ) ..... for $299.00 what will you achieve .... a faster throttle response ( according to them, no actual real life testing that I could find ..... NOT more H.P. .... NOT more torque ..... if we're thinking 1/4 mile times, perhaps 1/10 to 2/10 ths of second faster, and that would depend on how much initial wheel-spin occurs do to the response change. So you could actually lose time ..... sorry but I'm not impressed. .... I have NO financial interest in Monster Fuel or Wicked Performance, but I believe their approach re-mapping the ECU is the only way to gain performance in a computer controlled engine management system ..... jmho ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

It seems this is simply a means to add positive or negative exponential to the stock throttle curve. With 4 base settings and 8 subsetting per, there will have to be some overlap in the mix.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    This product piqued my interest .... UNTILL I went to the " Slingmods " web site ( PS I don't find them as being a Sponsor here ???? ) ..... for $299.00 what will you achieve .... a faster throttle response ( according to them, no actual real life testing that I could find ..... NOT more H.P. .... NOT more torque ..... if we're thinking 1/4 mile times, perhaps 1/10 to 2/10 ths of second faster, and that would depend on how much initial wheel-spin occurs do to the response change. So you could actually lose time ..... sorry but I'm not impressed. .... I have NO financial interest in Monster Fuel or Wicked Performance, but I believe their approach re-mapping the ECU is the only way to gain performance in a computer controlled engine management system ..... jmho ..... Mike
    Hey buddy, i am not sure if they are a sponsor or not. And honestly i am not sure what is the point of this question. Its not my product, i am not selling it, they have not pay me to do this video, all i do is a review a product and put my feelings into it. I do this ever since i am on spyderlovers for lamont, slingmods, rls brp and i think its legal for some time here as this way its a review that brings value to comunity.. at least i hope.

As for the question about what it gets you. Its a fun factor. If you will put 2 spyders on lights and both of them will start on green light, the one with pedal commander will have a coffee in starbucks when the other one will just start to move.
    When talking about twist and curvy road, the one with pedal commander will have kids at university already when the other one will join him on the top of the hill. The second comments makes secse only in case the one with pedal commander does not have any kids before ��

Is there a increase in power? Nope. But is there a diff. To have max power right away or have in delayed and spread accross whole pedal lenght..hell yeah

And yes, this upgrade its not for everyone.
    Last edited by Martin Slovakia; 08-03-2020 at 01:29 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    It seems this is simply a means to add positive or negative exponential to the stock throttle curve. With 4 base settings and 8 subsetting per, there will have to be some overlap in the mix.
    i need to practice to find out more. But i think it does not have to be. Its how the commander reacts in the whole spectrum of the pedal lenght. At first sight i tought the same way, but i really think its not this case

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    Man, that looks like an awesome piece of technology.....
    hehe, it is awesome and scary p.o technologhy ������

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by woods View Post
    Always enjoy your vids and this one is no exception!
    thanx buddy ������

Spyder Garage

))))))))))))))

Spyder Garage

I've got a Pedal Commander in my Dodge Ram. Paid WAY too much for it for what it is. Yes, it just remaps the input from the throttle sensor to the throttle actuators. Everyone raved about the one for the Ram so I got one. It's ok for ahwile, then I adjust to the input and drive the I usually do, compensating for the increased input. So in the end, way too much $$ for too little gain. It seems the one for the Spyder is even more expensive.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

I would purchase it due to the lagging throttle...the bottom to mid range performance..even with a ECU tune (in which I do have)..all the commander is nothing but a throttle amplifier...they clearly state that it does not increase horsepower or torque..thats what the ECU remapp does ....BUT....combine the commander with the ECU tune...you got a drag race winner with a little practice dailing it in....or...showoff burning some rubber.. hooligan fun lol....most of all, it's ADJUSTABLE..I admit..I hate the bottom end LAG...in theory..it should resolve the low end lag depending on the setting....but ...be careful lol..I'll buy one just for the fun factor.. important note..it's obvious it's not for everyone..be cautious if you do buy it...there's a lot of people out there who has a Monster or Dynojet tune..they will buy this..the need for speed!!..this item will sell.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Slovakia View Post
    Hey buddy, i am not sure if they are a sponsor or not. And honestly i am not sure what is the point of this question. Its not my product, i am not selling it, they have not pay me to do this video, all i do is a review a product and put my feelings into it. I do this ever since i am on spyderlovers for lamont, slingmods, rls brp and i think its legal for some time here as this way its a review that brings value to comunity.. at least i hope.

As for the question about what it gets you. Its a fun factor. If you will put 2 spyders on lights and both of them will start on green light, the one with pedal commander will have a coffee in starbucks when the other one will just start to move.
    When talking about twist and curvy road, the one with pedal commander will have kids at university already when the other one will join him on the top of the hill. The second comments makes secse only in case the one with pedal commander does not have any kids before ��

Is there a increase in power? Nope. But is there a diff. To have max power right away or have in delayed and spread accross whole pedal lenght..hell yeah

And yes, this upgrade its not for everyone.
    WOW !!! .... I didn't write this to get your Shorts in a Wad ..... but it appears it did. You have an Opinion and I have mine. Here's another Opinion about this product .... In wet weather, I think it has real potential to cause Loss of traction - not a good thing IMHO ..... ride safe - ride happy ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    WOW !!! .... I didn't write this to get your Shorts in a Wad ..... but it appears it did. You have an Opinion and I have mine. Here's another Opinion about this product .... In wet weather, I think it has real potential to cause Loss of traction - not a good thing IMHO ..... ride safe - ride happy ..... Mike
    Good point mike. But in wet weather i turn it off like i said in the video. There is a switch. Its like you dont ride with cruise control on the highway when its wet. Right

Spyder Garage

I'm not sure it would fix the lag. When I hit the throttle hard, it feels more like slipping clutch that engine lag.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

Re: Review vs. Advertising:

From AnthonyG to the moderators:

It is correct, that Martin is a paid advertiser, it is for his own products to promote his products.

The thread in question is a review of a product that he likes & made a video about it, its a review.

This was brought up in the past actually.

The new site will have a reviews section, i almost implemented it on the current site, but couldnt really find anyone to write reviews.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 308gunner View Post
    I would purchase it due to the lagging throttle...the bottom to mid range performance..even with a ECU tune (in which I do have)..all the commander is nothing but a throttle amplifier...they clearly state that it does not increase horsepower or torque..thats what the ECU remapp does ....BUT....combine the commander with the ECU tune...you got a drag race winner with a little practice dailing it in....or...showoff burning some rubber.. hooligan fun lol....most of all, it's ADJUSTABLE..I admit..I hate the bottom end LAG...in theory..it should resolve the low end lag depending on the setting....but ...be careful lol..I'll buy one just for the fun factor.. important note..it's obvious it's not for everyone..be cautious if you do buy it...there's a lot of people out there who has a Monster or Dynojet tune..they will buy this..the need for speed!!..this item will sell.
    Yup .. I'd be curious as to see how this works with a ECU flashed or PV3 tuned bike? I'd think it would just make the throttle that much twitchier? I'd have to route it to the frunk, as it is not waterproof.. I'll wait for more user input

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Installed Pedal Commander and already love it! My 2016 is finally exciting to ride. Though no power gains I now have no need or desire for an ECU tune. AND you can lower response settings for weather or passenger considerations. NOTE..since unit is not water proof I have the unit in my F3Ts upper storage box. Had to cut a hole to route the plugs. Was able to hide the cable after removing dash.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Yup .. I'd be curious as to see how this works with a ECU flashed or PV3 tuned bike? I'd think it would just make the throttle that much twitchier? I'd have to route it to the frunk, as it is not waterproof.. I'll wait for more user input
    I'm getting one at the end of august....by the reviews I have read so far..it should be interesting...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 308gunner View Post
    I'm getting one at the end of august....by the reviews I have read so far..it should be interesting...
    I'll be watching to see how you like it

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Looks like they have a current sale promotion for $50 discount with PC50 code.

Currently Own: 2019 Ryker Rally
    Previously Owned: 2019 F3 Spyder

Spyder Garage

Thanks for that video Martin. I can imagine how much of a difference it makes!!

We need a Debbie Downer section for all the whaaa whaaaaaaaa! LMAO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObdC3uhPeEY
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

I recently installed a pedal commander and also have the stage 2 ecu flash. I think sport plus is almost unusable. I like the city modes for most riding. The sport mode is more than responsive for city riding. It doesn't add hp or torque but it is quicker zero to 60 for sure. I have mine wrapped up and tucked away and use my phone to make changes. My opinion is its well worth the money.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tbohman56 View Post
    Looks like they have a current sale promotion for $50 discount with PC50 code.
    Who has the promotion? Code didn't work at Slingmods.

2022 RT Sea To Sky