Spyder Garage

Default Garmin wiring for 2020 RTL

Just bought he new Garmin XT from Lamonster, can someone please tell me how to wire it in? Do I hook it up to the Battery or fuses? How do I run the wire and what do I need to remove? Tupperware.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Benmannino View Post
    Just bought he new Garmin XT from Lamonster, can someone please tell me how to wire it in? Do I hook it up to the Battery or fuses? How do I run the wire and what do I need to remove? Tupperware.
    I wired mine to the “plug in” available for the CanAm Garmin Mount. Polarity was reversed, so be sure to check that. Check under CanAm 2020 RT Accessories, Garmin Mount, download installation instructions, describes plug in location...

Spyder Garage

Where am I checking? Spyder lovers? Google? Website?

Spyder Garage

CanAm website, look at 2020RT, then Accessories, then Garmin Mount, download installation instructions

Spyder Garage

It's under the right side panel. The long panel by your knee. The plug is end is small and fits into the black side panel under the one you remove. It's not attached to anything just rests in the black panel.
    I cut the plug end off and attached longer leads to it and ran them up to the top cover by the windshield so I can hook it to the Garmin when I get it.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Have an issue with my Zumo on my 2020RTL not charging. Install by tech at Can Am shop, "suppose to be a plug and play"!! 590 Model Wit BRP mount and wire harness for the 2020RT. I can filly charge the unit with an AC plug in. New battery also.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyDerred15 View Post
    Have an issue with my Zumo on my 2020RTL not charging. Install by tech at Can Am shop, "suppose to be a plug and play"!! 590 Model Wit BRP mount and wire harness for the 2020RT. I can filly charge the unit with an AC plug in. New battery also.
    Polarity was reversed on mine and many others. If that is the case with yours, Zumo is running on battery only. The Tech probably never checked it. That happened with mine.

Spyder Garage

Default Youtube video on XL install

Quote Originally Posted by Benmannino View Post
    I had the same issue with my new 2020 and with some help from Jetfixer, here on Spyder Lovers (see the link in the video), and some wiring help from Lamonster was able to (watch him) fix it. I created a little video to help others out with this same problem. I had wired it to the headlight breaker and while it worked, Lamonster said that was not 'optimal.' ("Bad" was the actual word.) He did the whole thing in about 5 minutes. It was impressive to watch. The video goes kind of quick to minimize upload/download time, but pause it as needed to read instructions. Note: the BRP accessory/GPS wiring is plugged in to the side of the bike, but goes NOWHERE. It's just a dead end plug. Lamonster removed that, snipped the end of it off, wired in the XT and voila!
    https://youtu.be/YGLGiz7Ho9g

Paul "Wingman" Metheney
    2020 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited

2020 RTL , Red