Spyder Garage

Default Best light weight goggles for over glasses?

Thanks

Very Active Member SportsterDoc's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Consider the HJC IS33II

I prefer 3/4 helmets for maximum peripheral vision (compared to full), comfort and communication.
    I have seen crash damage from a 1/2 helmet coming down on a nose.

The integrated sun shield retracts at the press of a top buttom...great for tunnels.
    The face cover has multiple detents for air flow at slower speeds.

Wearing glasses, during the day, you would have two additional levels of eye protection.

I know you asked about goggles, but even vented can fog at slow speeds.
    I've had several pairs of tinted and clear riding glasses with foam around the lenses.
    They keep out most grit, but can have fogging issues, especially at slow speeds.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    23 Moto Guzzi V7-850 SE 23 Yamaha XT250 18 Yamaha Bolt R-Spec 22 Triumph Street Twin 20 CanAM Ryker 900 14 Honda CB1100 18 Yamaha XT250 16 Moto Guzzi V7 II 17 Yamaha TW200 12 Triumph Bonneville 02 Sportster 1200 Sport 03 Sportster 883 76 Honda CB750F 75 Honda CB360 70 Yamaha CT1 72 Yamaha CT2 72 Yamaha AT2/CT2 70 Honda SL350 70 Honda CL350 67 Honda CL160 67 Honda CB160 62 Honda CA110
    2020 900 , NGK 4218 iridium CR8EIX Matte black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey4201 View Post
    Thanks
    This is what I wear. My aviator sunglasses fit perfectly underneath.

MadDog-Gear-ATV-UTV-Goggles-6c11808c-f1cd-4ec0-94cf-130f32ada8d6.jpg
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I use clear safety goggles when I'm riding my ATV in the mountains. They're cheap and easy to find at hardware and lumber stores.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I agree with IMS, inexpensive safety goggles can be a simple solution but be very careful of the optical quality. I wore some given to me by a good friend because they looked and felt very comfortable while tandem bicycling with my bride once, and after an hour or so I began to feel dizzy and had to remove them. I tried them a second time on a single bike and confirmed it was the poor optical quality that caused the dizziness.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S