Spyder Garage

Default Definitely different

Just got my 2013 rt limited today. Went from 2 wheels all my life to the spyder. Definitely different. Best way I can explain my experience is it’s just like riding a 4wheeler. Imo gets a little squirrelly at 70mph. lol is that normal?

TIA

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Glen. Yes, it's like riding a 4 wheeler or a snow machine. Well, I guess you don't do too much snow machine stuff in OK. But anyway, you steer it. You don't lean it. Can be squirrelly if you have a death grip on the handle bars. Every little movement you make with your arms will impart a steering input to the front wheels. It's like riding a horse. Your arms are for steering, not for balance. So, relax your arms. Practicing using the cruise control actually helps when on the highway. Take your time with it and you'll learn how to balance yourself with your thighs and body. Soon you'll be riding using only one hand and taking pictures on your phone with the other. However, a laser alignment helps with everything. Some OK dealers here...

http://www.spydercomfort.com/dealersok.htm

If you haven't, read the Do's and Do Not's.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...-Spyder-owners

I assume that 2013 has had the Recall performed on it. If not, you'll definitely want to get on that. Congrats.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbelt Spyder View Post
    Glen. Yes, it's like riding a 4 wheeler or a snow machine. Well, I guess you don't do too much snow machine stuff in OK. But anyway, you steer it. You don't lean it. Can be squirrelly if you have a death grip on the handle bars. Every little movement you make with your arms will impart a steering input to the front wheels. It's like riding a horse. Your arms are for steering, not for balance. So, relax your arms. Practicing using the cruise control actually helps when on the highway. Take your time with it and you'll learn how to balance yourself with your thighs and body. Soon you'll be riding using only one hand and taking pictures on your phone with the other. However, a laser alignment helps with everything. Some OK dealers here...

http://www.spydercomfort.com/dealersok.htm

If you haven't, read the Do's and Do Not's.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...-Spyder-owners

I assume that 2013 has had the Recall performed on it. If not, you'll definitely want to get on that. Congrats.

Thank you so much for the information. Took my wife for a ride this evening and it was much more stable. Think I’m gonna love it

Spyder Garage

Keep a light hold on the bars and learn to lean your upper body in curves. The bike is actually more stable than it feels; does take some getting used to, especially if you're used to riding 2 wheelers.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

AND

If you have not already: a read of the Do's and Don'ts is suggested.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red