Spyder Garage

Default 2020 mirror trim removal

Looking to adjust the headlights on my 20rtl.I see in manual where they are but not sure how to get at them?

Spyder Garage

Using a plastic stick like a body trim remover, pry between the seam of the two parts of the mirror You'll be prying the front half forward. The flat matte section holding the mirror stays put. There are 3 clips holding the two parts together. One is near the outer edge in the middle, and the other two are at the inner edge top and bottom. Once you get the outer one popped loose, hold the front piece and use the stick to pry the inner ones forward. Don't just try to pull it forward until all 3 are released. You don't want to bend them. You'll only need to remove the left mirror forward housing to adjust the lights. One adjuster aims all the lights, high and low beam. You'll need a long handle phillips screwdriver. The adjuster screw is a white plastic screw located about 4-5 inches down looking through the large hole after removing the mirror housing. Counter-clockwise raises the light beams. If you look at the sides of your headlights while you turn the screw, you can see them tilt.
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Thank you.I will look for the tool you're talkin about since I'm sure I'll need it in the future!

Spyder Garage

The auto parts store or Amazon will have then in sets. Get the set it is better to have a variety of sizes and shapes. Not expensive.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Here's a photo showing the adjuster. Although this photo has the entire mirror removed, you do not need to remove the assembly that hold the glass, just the forward housing.
    Headlight vert adj.jpg
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Looks like a whole different set up than the 18! Thanks all!

Spyder Garage

Ordered the tools,you are right,like $6 on ebay with free shipping!

Spyder Garage

Got it done.Was pretty easy with the plastic tool.I did need to remove the front two nuts from the mirror assmbly. to move it slightly because it was in the way of getting at the adjuster.Thanks again for the guidance!