Spyder Garage

Default LinQ SR 21 Top Bag Or Sport Top Bag

Since I have both bags (dealer included one), I thought I'd post a side by side to help those that might be considering one. The SR 21 (pic on left) is larger capacity at 5.5 gallons (21 L) but has a restricted smaller opening on the top of the bag. The Sport bag (pic right) is 4.5 gallons (17 L) but the opening on top is larger and non restrictive and is the same size as the bag.

Personally I like the looks better of the SR 21 bag, its lower profile makes it easier to swing a leg over, and its lines match the lines of the Ryker better. The Sport bag doesnt look bad, its just that the square elongated design doesnt look as natural on the Ryker, its also slightly smaller. I looked at other bags and accessories from other manufacturers, some I liked and some I didnt.

I did like the quick release/attach modular design of the LinQ system better, and their offerings from tool/fishing rod holders, top bags and even a thermal hard box cooler helped make my decision to go with the LinQ system. What I dont like about it, its expensive. That being said I own a Harley and recently a Moto Guzzi Griso, their accessories are just as expensive too.

2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition

Spyder Garage

I like the one in the left photo quite a lot; the right photo not so much for the reasons you mentioned.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

I installed a GIVI B32NMAL 32LTR Monolock Case on mine. Under $100 and holds a full face helmet.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rush1967 View Post
    I installed a GIVI B32NMAL 32LTR Monolock Case on mine. Under $100 and holds a full face helmet.
    Just looked it up, nice looking roomy top case. Did you mount it on the Max mount using the Givi Universal Monolock plate?

Spyder Garage

Yes. I used 3 brackets across the front - one on each side and one center. Last one in the center rear.

Spyder Garage

look on can am website any of the snowmobile bags that are on the 16 inch platform will fit and they have some really good looking bags.

https://www.ski-doo.com/shop/Accesso...age_racks.html

Spyder Garage

I installed a Craftman tool box that I got for 19.95, works great.

Spyder Garage

Rick, I was looking at the pictures of your FINE ride, and I got to ask, when you riding down the road where it's just rained, do you get a wet butt from that open fender in the rear?? Inquiring mines have to know
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dklehman View Post
    look on can am website any of the snowmobile bags that are on the 16 inch platform will fit and they have some really good looking bags.

https://www.ski-doo.com/shop/Accesso...age_racks.html
    Thanks for the heads up.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Rick, I was looking at the pictures of your FINE ride, and I got to ask, when you riding down the road where it's just rained, do you get a wet butt from that open fender in the rear?? Inquiring mines have to know
    I've only had it for just under two weeks and haven't ridden on any wet roads yet, but when I do, I hope not to get a wet butt.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    On the Rally model the Max Mount is standard with an inner liner (almost like a high mount fender) that stops most of the splash
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

Well marr if your seeing who can be the cheapest you can snag a milk crate and some twine that will also work great.

Spyder Garage

Below are some photos of how I mounted the Givi mounting plate on my Max Mount. I used large washers and shorter bolts instead of the Givi bracket in the rear so it would fit under the fender.
    Attached Images Attached Images