Spyder Garage

Default 2012 RT-A&C -- Digital Temperature / Voltage Gauges Recommendations

I have a 2012 RT-A&C and am looking to replace the OEM analog gas & temperature gauges with digital gauges for voltage & temperature. I currently have both of the analog gauges disconnected so that the main electronic screen shows the bars for gas & temperature. What led me to wanting to do this is that I installed the magnetic side mirror mounts and after doing that, I found out that the magnetism causes the temperature gauge to not read correctly. Consequently, I'm looking for recommendations on a digital readout temperature gauge & digital readout voltage gauge to buy/install where the OEM gas gauge & temperature gauge is located in the dash.
    I appreciate any recommendations on what my options might be for what I think could be a really cool setup.

Spyder Garage

Default Digital Temperature / Voltage Gauge Recommendations

I have a 2012 RT-A&C and am looking to replace the OEM analog gas & temperature gauges with digital gauges for voltage & temperature. I currently have both of the analog gauges disconnected so that the main electronic screen shows the bars for gas & temperature. What lead me to wanting to do this is that I installed the magnetic side mirror mounts and after doing that, I found out that the magnetism causes the temperature gauge to not read correctly. Consequently, I'm looking for recommendations on a digital readout temperature gauge & digital readout voltage gauge to buy/install where the OEM gas gauge & temperature gauge is located in the dash.
    I appreciate any recommendations on what my options might be for what I think could be a really cool setup.

Spyder Garage

Default 2012 RT-A&C -- Digital Temperature / Voltage Gauge Recommendations

I have a 2012 RT-A&C and am looking to replace the OEM analog gas & temperature gauges with digital gauges for voltage & temperature. I currently have both of the analog gauges disconnected so that the main electronic screen shows the bars for gas & temperature. What led me to wanting to do this is that I installed the magnetic side mirror mounts and after doing that, I found out that the magnetism causes the temperature gauge to not read correctly. Consequently, I'm looking for recommendations on a digital readout temperature gauge & digital readout voltage gauge to buy/install where the OEM gas gauge & temperature gauge is located in the dash.

Spyder Garage

Here is what I ended up doing. On the right side I installed a 52 mm Hotsystems electronic volt meter (from Amazon). On the left side I installed a Ginsco dual USB charger socket (also from Amazon) mounted in a black 52 mm nylon "blanking disc" from rallysportdirect.com. I've never had an issue with engine temperature, even in Texas during the summer, so I thought a USB charger would be more useful.

RTS Dash02.jpg RTS Dash03.jpg RTS Dash04.jpg
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

This seems like a double post. I responded to the first one I came across, for what it's worth.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

Just go on ebay and do a search for digital volt meter. That is how I found mine. You could also find a digital temp meter the same way. If I remember right they are 52mm gauges. I used the power feed for the factory gauges to power mine, worked great. BTW I put a ram mount in the other hole for a camera, which I have never used.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

repeat from other post: Just go on ebay and do a search for digital volt meter. That is how I found mine. You could also find a digital temp meter the same way. If I remember right they are 52mm gauges. I used the power feed for the factory gauges to power mine, worked great. BTW I put a ram mount in the other hole for a camera, which I have never used.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

There are a couple of threads hereon where people have reported erroneous gauge readings with Magic Mirror magnets. The answer was to reverse the polarity of the magnets (flip 'em over) to solve the problem. You might try it and see what happens.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

For what it's worth, on the two Spyders I've owned, the OEM temperature gauge consistently reads at least 5 degrees too high, sometimes more.

It may be related to where the temperature sensor is located.
    “There comes a time in the affairs of men... when we must seize the bull by the tail and face the situation.” - W.C. Fields

2019 Spyder RT Limited - Asphalt Gray/Chrome
    1991 H-D Sturgis FXDB -- #684 of 1600 Limited Edition

Gone but not forgotten:
    2014 Spyder ST SE5
    Steel Black Metallic
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Gray/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Thank you....ordered the digital volt gauge from Amazon today. Looks like an easy install. Still looking for a digital temp gauge. I found this one on Amazon, but not sure if it would be compatible and if so, how to connect it.
    https://www.amazon.com/HOTSYSTEM-Ele...FK3JN6W055XSW5

Spyder Garage

Myself I like the digital read out and just got the blanks to fill the holes and get rid of the gauges!
    2012 RTL , Pearl