Spyder Garage

Default Ryker 900 stock spring adjustment. (Help)

Can anyone look at the attached pictures & tell me what position the dealer has my spring set at? I occasionally ride 2-UP & I need to tighten it up to better supporter a passenger.

Also - how many positions are there to set it at?

Any information you can give me will be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

The pictures posted wrong.

The right hand side of the picture is the bottom part of the Ryker. The left hand side is just under the seat.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-28-2020 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Bottom part. ;)

Spyder Garage

Don't know how many adjust positions there are on the Rykers, but that shock is right down in the lowest position!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

They are both set at #1. That is the softest ride position. I own a 600 and I set my rear spring at #5 for a better ride even though I don't ride two up....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Don't know how many adjust positions there are on the Rykers, but that shock is right down in the lowest position!
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

i think there are 6 settings for adjustment. you'll need a spanner wrench to turn the collar to adjust. i think the manual says to set it at the stiffest setting of 6 when you ride 2 up. also suggests you install the 2up spring.

edit: others are correct that you have it set at the lowest (softest) set point.

Spyder Garage

Thank you!

Spyder Garage

Thank you. So, there are 5 positions of adjustment, correct? This may sound dumb, but how do you know which position you are on? Will it "click" or just at each notch?

Spyder Garage

like i said youll need a spanner to adjust the settings, and it will require a fair bit of effort. when you move it to the next position you will definitely know lol. youll feel it "give way" and probably hear a loudish clank noise if you havent released tension from the spring.

also not sure of the total number of settings. but if you follow the manual recommendation it will tell you to set it to the stiffest setting which is all the way rotated from where you have it now.

edit: Heres a video showing you.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mjl99 View Post
    like i said youll need a spanner to adjust the settings, and it will require a fair bit of effort. when you move it to the next position you will definitely know lol. youll feel it "give way" and probably hear a loudish clank noise if you havent released tension from the spring.

also not sure of the total number of settings. but if you follow the manual recommendation it will tell you to set it to the stiffest setting which is all the way rotated from where you have it now.

edit: Heres a video showing you.

I think it would help if you raise the tire up off the floor to take the tension off the spring. Anyway it does with my Rally (with different shocks)