Spyder Garage

Default New Sway Bar Links

I went out on a ride today to try out the BAJARON sway bar LINKS ONLY. I installed them a couple days ago. I forgot about them until about eight miles in to ride. While riding on wavy, semi rough county roads, est. 50mph max, I feel they made a good difference. The handlebars didn't seem to want to dance and move at every little hump and bump in the road. More relaxed arms and shoulders. I may complete the set up with the sway bar next year. But I have almost no fast down hill curvy, windy roads up here in cornfield country, so I almost feel I don't need the sway bar. BTW I ride solo, 170lbs, and a small top case for tools, 12v pump etc. My front shocks on my Rally are set at slightly heavier than #2. I think the links are a good low cost suspension improved for someone living in the flat lands.

Spyder Garage

The links are an excellent idea. In fact most everything from BajaRon is highly recommended, but only replacing the links gives you more reliability. The OEM links are plastic and have a history of failures.

The links alone shouldn't have any affect on the handling.

What year is your Spyder ? For anything newer than the 2020 RT, the RonBar will make a noticeable difference.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong. And if I am, I'm sure someone on this site will be happy enough to tell me about it.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    The links are an excellent idea. In fact most everything from BajaRon is highly recommended, but only replacing the links gives you more reliability. The OEM links are plastic and have a history of failures.

The links alone shouldn't have any affect on the handling.

What year is your Spyder ? For anything newer than the 2020 RT, the RonBar will make a noticeable difference.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong. And if I am, I'm sure someone on this site will be happy enough to tell me about it.
    I have a 2019 RYKER RALLY. I do feel a difference on the type of roads I ride on. I also realize that by adding the sway bar it would make a larger difference. But I'm not riding two up, and loaded with full bags, down curvy mountain roads. I haven't yet tried them at 60 plus on the highway. For my type of riding in this area, (off the highway) on not so smooth county roads, the handlebars don't jiggle in the hands as much anymore. I've never owned or rode a SPYDER so I'll just take your word for it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamryder View Post
    I went out on a ride today to try out the BAJARON sway bar LINKS ONLY. I installed them a couple days ago. I forgot about them until about eight miles in to ride. While riding on wavy, semi rough county roads, est. 50mph max, I feel they made a good difference. The handlebars didn't seem to want to dance and move at every little hump and bump in the road. More relaxed arms and shoulders. I may complete the set up with the sway bar next year. But I have almost no fast down hill curvy, windy roads up here in cornfield country, so I almost feel I don't need the sway bar. BTW I ride solo, 170lbs, and a small top case for tools, 12v pump etc. My front shocks on my Rally are set at slightly heavier than #2. I think the links are a good low cost suspension improved for someone living in the flat lands.
    I did the same on my Rally but found that my front shocks did better at 3.5 setting. At a 2 setting I was getting some bottoming out of the shocks and wheel hop. I weight 175 suited up
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tslepebull View Post
    I did the same on my Rally but found that my front shocks did better at 3.5 setting. At a 2 setting I was getting some bottoming out of the shocks and wheel hop. I weight 175 suited up
    When I picked up my Ryker it was set up for 2 up. I decided to take off the passenger seat and pegs. I adjusted the rear shock for solo riding down to about 1/4" spacing per manual, and went from 3 down to 2 on front shocks. Although I'm happy with how they're adjusted now. Maybe I'll ease them back some, 2.75 and try them out there. 27 miles to 6000 mile partial Warr. check on Thursday. That would be a good time to check it out. (if not sooner)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamryder View Post
    When I picked up my Ryker it was set up for 2 up. I decided to take off the passenger seat and pegs. I adjusted the rear shock for solo riding down to about 1/4" spacing per manual, and went from 3 down to 2 on front shocks. Although I'm happy with how they're adjusted now. Maybe I'll ease them back some, 2.75 and try them out there. 27 miles to 6000 mile partial Warr. check on Thursday. That would be a good time to check it out. (if not sooner)
    On the rear I went to 3/8"; again to stop bottoming out. I have a top case and Shad side bag and stuff them both full of groceries on my shopping trips.

Initially I thought my rough ride was due to the suspension being set too stiff. Now that I have prevented the shocks bottoming out my ride is much more smooth and control is better.
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow