Spyder Garage

Default Rear shock or pump

My rear shock isn't holding air, the pump was running a lot so I guess it burnt out.
    I'm not sure if just the pump needs to be replaced or both shock and pump.
    Has anyone disconnected the pump and used the shock manually ? Is so what's needed to do that? Thanks in advance
    Leon
    2022 marsala red RTL
    AND

2014 RT S SE-6 COGNAC, 2010 RT 622 TRAILER TIMELESS BLACK
    BRP trailer hitch, Utopia back rest, Baja Ron sway bar , heim links. Elka stage 2 shocks front and rear.
    TricLed fender lights, saddlebag lights and mirror lights. LED headlights and fog lights, Wide vu mirrors.
    spyderpops LED bumpskid ,zippered cargo bag linings, Laser Alignment by Netzleys Tire, Stebal air horn
    stant gas cap,( Dimple oil plugs REMOVED ) JT dash mount.
    (Onboard) Lamonster Garage air compressor and intelliboost charger.

Spyder Garage

Your shock will not work with out the air bag. If you're compressor is bad, you can just bypass all that automatic components and run an air line from the air bag to the schrader valve underneath your seat. This works great as long as your air bag is ok.
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

There is a few things that could be happening to you, but the first thing you have to do is get under it with a spray bottle of soapy water and find out where the air is going!! I would say from here in my chair, it's ether the check valve in the compressor, or maybe a pin hole in the bag!! But I am in my chair and not under your ride! The check valve will get sticky and stick open just enough to leak down slow, then you will burn your motor out like I did, and ride home on that ****ty shock that slames you home on the a arm! Like Safecracker Said above all you do is take your line from the bag and go straight to the schrader, Simple as pie, but you have to make sure it the pump and not the bag or your chasing your tail for nothing. Other than that, money wise I would give a good aftermarket shock company a call, and order a new shock that will replace the whole system. Less to worry about and break down on you! My 2 cents, Good luck!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    There is a few things that could be happening to you, but the first thing you have to do is get under it with a spray bottle of soapy water and find out where the air is going!! I would say from here in my chair, it's ether the check valve in the compressor, or maybe a pin hole in the bag!! But I am in my chair and not under your ride! The check valve will get sticky and stick open just enough to leak down slow, then you will burn your motor out like I did, and ride home on that ****ty shock that slames you home on the a arm! Like Safecracker Said above all you do is take your line from the bag and go straight to the schrader, Simple as pie, but you have to make sure it the pump and not the bag or your chasing your tail for nothing. Other than that, money wise I would give a good aftermarket shock company a call, and order a new shock that will replace the whole system. Less to worry about and break down on you! My 2 cents, Good luck!!
    Thanks Mikey I'll have to try that.
    2022 marsala red RTL
    AND

BRP trailer hitch, Utopia back rest, Baja Ron sway bar , heim links. Elka stage 2 shocks front and rear.
    TricLed fender lights, saddlebag lights and mirror lights. LED headlights and fog lights, Wide vu mirrors.
    spyderpops LED bumpskid ,zippered cargo bag linings, Laser Alignment by Netzleys Tire, Stebal air horn

Spyder Garage

+1 on the Check valve (connected to the pump with the line connected to the solenoid) mine stuck open twice, burned the pump out the 2nd time. Converted to manual air with direct line from Schrader valve to airbag, no leaks since. Disconnected the solenoid and pump and ride height switch, no problems.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    +1 on the Check valve (connected to the pump with the line connected to the solenoid) mine stuck open twice, burned the pump out the 2nd time. Converted to manual air with direct line from Schrader valve to airbag, no leaks since. Disconnected the solenoid and pump and ride height switch, no problems.
    Thanks for the help
    2022 marsala red RTL
    AND