Spyder Garage

Default 2019 RT Limited - anyone dealt with Powersports? Other advice?

Thinking hard about upgrading my 2011 RTS with 16,000 miles to a new RT:. Seems like Powersports has the best price and no shipping costs to Long Island.
    Anyone have any dealings with these folks, good or bad? Personally I prefer the 2019 to the 2020 and the $ 8,000 is a big deal also. Any thoughts from any of you learned people will be greatly appreciated.
    Doug

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dougkee View Post
    Thinking hard about upgrading my 2011 RTS with 16,000 miles to a new RT:. Seems like Powersports has the best price and no shipping costs to Long Island.
    Anyone have any dealings with these folks, good or bad? Personally I prefer the 2019 to the 2020 and the $ 8,000 is a big deal also. Any thoughts from any of you learned people will be greatly appreciated.
    Doug
    I bought a 2019 for same reason. I like the looks of the front better than on the 2020 but that is subjective of course and also it was alot cheaper considering the out the door price with having to add the dealer fees and taxes. Where I bought mine the bike price was increased by almost 3000 when calculating in all the dealer fees and property and sales taxes. I will say though that the 2020 do seem to give the taller riders a little more leg room without having to purchase after market parts to make the 2019 fit. I saying that, if you like the 4-wheeler leg position from stock then the 2019 will be great but I came from a Harley cruiser and to get my riding position I want it's going to take a BRP comfort seat (1.5 inches more leg room) and a set of highway pegs. So I'm looking at around 700 extra to get my leg room I'm looking for but to me that's still better than the 8000 for 2020. Plus I never buy new models the first year after a design change, but that's just me. Now I will say that being able to remove the passenger back rest is a good idea but I'm not to sure how much tension the back rest can take before the connectors give way and I don't think my wife would be to happy with me if her back rest came lose while on a trip. I'm sure BRP thought of this but if the backrest falls off a 2019 I can at least blame the wife as the entire back half of the bike will fall off and not just her backrest. Just my thoughts.

Spyder Garage

Default Should have stopped with the 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
    I bought a 2019 for same reason. I like the looks of the front better than on the 2020 but that is subjective of course and also it was alot cheaper considering the out the door price with having to add the dealer fees and taxes. Where I bought mine the bike price was increased by almost 3000 when calculating in all the dealer fees and property and sales taxes. I will say though that the 2020 do seem to give the taller riders a little more leg room without having to purchase after market parts to make the 2019 fit. I saying that, if you like the 4-wheeler leg position from stock then the 2019 will be great but I came from a Harley cruiser and to get my riding position I want it's going to take a BRP comfort seat (1.5 inches more leg room) and a set of highway pegs. So I'm looking at around 700 extra to get my leg room I'm looking for but to me that's still better than the 8000 for 2020. Plus I never buy new models the first year after a design change, but that's just me. Now I will say that being able to remove the passenger back rest is a good idea but I'm not to sure how much tension the back rest can take before the connectors give way and I don't think my wife would be to happy with me if her back rest came lose while on a trip. I'm sure BRP thought of this but if the backrest falls off a 2019 I can at least blame the wife as the entire back half of the bike will fall off and not just her backrest. Just my thoughts.
    Thanks for the reply and it seems our reasoning is similar. As luck would have it, by the time I made up my mind to bite the bullet, the 2019's were gone! So, after some serious thought I decided to go for the 2020 RT Limited. Got a call from Orlando at iMotorsports and the 2020's were all sold, BUT they had a new 2021 in Marsala Red, Dark version, so I said go for it.
    Now I am waiting for it to be ready and shipped. Should have the new machine in a couple of weeks (hopefully). Can't wait!