Spyder Garage

Wink Brake Rod Position 3 to Position 4

I've been unhappy with the brake pedal position ("3") since getting the bike 6 weeks ago. I figured that a Position "4" would be about right. While searching, I came across a Lamonster video on how to change the brake rod. And he explained how his product also lowered the angle of the brake pedal, relative to the F3-L floorboard. Even though it is close to 2x the price of the CanAm product, that change in angle from Lamonster's product (which BTW is really well crafted) made it worth it. Now, I don't have to pick up my foot to apply the brake. Just simply pivot on my heel from right to left. Perfect and will be lots more comfortable going for the brake. This was my first Lamonster purchase, so I laughed when I found the special prize inside, like Cracker Jacks. Nice touch.
    2019 Can Am F3 Limited

Spyder Upgrades/mods:
    F4 Windscreen,
    Ultimate seat and Driver's backrest,
    Lamonster Fog lights,
    Lamonster Brake Rod kit,
    CanAm Short Reach Handlebar

Other Current Bike: 2009 Honda Shadow 750 Aero

Past Bikes:
    2018 BMW C650CT
    2013 BMW C650GT
    2011 Honda SH150i
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue Metallic

Spyder Garage

I also have Lamonsters lowering brake pedal rod mod at position #5. I also didn't like having to raise my entire foot to apply the brakes. With Lamonsters new brake rod the problem was solved.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If I end up with an F3, I'll get a set of Pierres Ultimate floorboards. Not sure if LaMonsters linkage will work with those but if so, I'm sure I'll add it to my list. That candy (i.e. "special prize") is nice. You know, they probably costs almost nothing to add to an order but it's a nice touch. I've always thought it's the thought that counts. One of the many little reasons why I continue to buy from them.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    If I end up with an F3, I'll get a set of Pierres Ultimate floorboards. Not sure if LaMonsters linkage will work with those but if so, I'm sure I'll add it to my list. That candy (i.e. "special prize") is nice. You know, they probably costs almost nothing to add to an order but it's a nice touch. I've always thought it's the thought that counts. One of the many little reasons why I continue to buy from them.
    Monk, if you go with Lamont’s long boards you will automatically get the lower brake pedal angle as part of the new brackets......the boards are tilted to address exactly that. .....just some food for thought

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Monk, if you go with Lamont’s long boards you will automatically get the lower brake pedal angle as part of the new brackets......the boards are tilted to address exactly that. .....just some food for thought

Pete
    Could be but I'd want to be able to put my feet under me sometimes. My RTL is cramped which is why I'm thinking about trading for an F3T/L but sometimes having your feet under your knees is a good thing. Pierres boards come all the way back to the passenger pegs/boards. Nothing against Lamont (I've got all kinds of his stuff). I just don't think what he has would suit me as well as Pierres.

Spyder Garage

Could be but I'd want to be able to put my feet under me sometimes. My RTL is cramped which is why I'm thinking about trading for an F3T/L but sometimes having your feet under your knees is a good thing. Pierres boards come all the way back to the passenger pegs/boards. Nothing against Lamont (I've got all kinds of his stuff). I just don't think what he has would suit me as well as Pierres.
    Yep, understand completely, Monk.....I had Pierre’s boards on and they didn’t work for me which I why I reverted to Lamont’s long boards.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Yep, understand completely, Monk.....I had Pierre’s boards on and they didn’t work for me which I why I reverted to Lamont’s long boards.

Pete
    What didn't work for you? Couldn't stretch out enough? There are some good boards out there now. Pierre and Lamont both have some really nice boards and SlingMods has a set that looks killer but I don't think they go back very far. One of the nice thing about the boards SlingMods sells is that it has an integrated adjustable highway peg set up.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion56 View Post
    Lamonster's product made it worth it. Now, I don't have to pick up my foot to apply the brake. Just simply pivot on my heel from right to left. Perfect and will be lots more comfortable going for the brake.
    I have Lamonts brake rod also, pos 3 to pos 4. Do yourself a favor and get his brake pedal also, best aftermarket brake pedal I've found.
    2019 F3 Limited
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

What didn't work for you? Couldn't stretch out enough? There are some good boards out there now. Pierre and Lamont both have some really nice boards and SlingMods has a set that looks killer but I don't think they go back very far. One of the nice thing about the boards SlingMods sells is that it has an integrated adjustable highway peg set up.
    I am tall and mount the Spyder from the ground, Monk. Pierre’s boards dig into my ankles while mounting and dismounting. I did not feel comfortable standing on the boards to mount. Another key issue was that my brake pedal connected with the front corner of Pierre’s board in position 5, which frightened the crap out of me on my test run, as you can imagine. I thought it might just be my installation, but others have reported the same issue. Pierre promised to get back to me with a fix some 18 months ago, but never has. So off with Pierre’s boards and back on with Lamont’s RIP boards. As I said, everyone has different drivers. Pierre’s boards are certainly very nice, but they just aren’t for me

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Lowering the brake pedal is easy with a drill. Just drill another hole in it closer to the yoke. Easy! You can put pedals in the center using a set of BMX rear pegs (that go at the rear axle of the BMX bike).

Full details at the link in my sig.

pegright.jpg
    brake-rod.jpg
    Last edited by Rattlebars; 07-25-2020 at 08:49 PM. Reason: damned spell corrector!
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey