Spyder Garage

Default (DIY - looking to: ) There was a lot of talk about multi-pin DIN connectors

Hey Guys,

In the rear trunk (2010 RT-S), upper right hand side there is multi pin DIN style connector that allows you to add a phone/MP3 player/apple product to the stereo of the Spyder.

I want to make my own cable being that I have all the parts here to make one up. I am looking for the cable PIN-OUTS. I am just looking to make a 1/8 stereo cable that will plug into a MP3 or phone (see pic).

I have searched and read up on these cables... lots of discussion on what cables people needed for particular setups but not one that I have found posted a PIN-OUT. The wiring diagram in the service manual provides no help, they don't have it labeled as to pin function (see pic).

Does anyone out there have the simple PIN-OUT for this cable? If not, is there someone that has one of these cables and is good with a multimeter?

Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Current - 2010 Spyder RTS

1) Experience is something you don't get until after you need it.
    2) A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    3) IF YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO DO IT RIGHT, WHEN WILL YOU HAVE TIME TO DO IT OVER??
    ___

Horsepower is an illusory mathematical equation; Torque is REAL, and is the source of all good things in the world.

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?

Please check out my pics!!

Spyder Garage

Originally posted in the DIY section... didn't notice the "No Questions" sticky... Sorry about that!

Tim

3) IF YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO DO IT RIGHT, WHEN WILL YOU HAVE TIME TO DO IT OVER??
    ___

Horsepower is an illusory mathematical equation; Torque is REAL, and is the source of all good things in the world.

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Why do you want to do this ????? .... I was able to move the entire plug assembly from the Trunk to my glove ( see pics in my albums ) ... I stripped out that wiring from the main radio harness without much difficulty .... now my MP-3 and sirius receiver are handy ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Why do you want to do this ?????

Because I don't have that cable!!! hahaha Yes, I can relocate the plug into the glove box but I still need the cable to plug into the phone/mp3 player. It does not matter where it ends up (glove/trunk/dash), I still need the DIN to 1/8th stereo plug. That is what I want to make.

Tim

___

Spyder Garage

BLUEKNIGHT911

This is what I am looking for PINOUT wise... (from your pics).

Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images

___

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MrMagicFingers View Post
    BLUEKNIGHT911

I could maybe get it for you but it's in a document on my computer at home and I'm not home now. Won't be back for another 10 days. If you haven't gotten it by then send me a PM and I'll see if I can find it.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

So you want to know the three circuits of the audio plug to DIN. Any chance you have a diagram of photo of the din plug pin call outs? Should be easy if you have that, I can tell you then center, middle and end to the applicable DIN pin number.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    So you want to know the three circuits of the audio plug to DIN. Any chance you have a diagram of photo of the din plug pin call outs? Should be easy if you have that, I can tell you then center, middle and end to the applicable DIN pin number.

The ONLY information I have was given in the original post up top.

I will eventually come across the answer. I am a very patient guy. Even if I could find a member locally with the MP3 cable, I could quickly test the cable to get the PINOUTs.

Tim

___

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I could maybe get it for you but it's in a document on my computer at home and I'm not home now. Won't be back for another 10 days. If you haven't gotten it by then send me a PM and I'll see if I can find it.
    Thanks IdahoMtnSpyder!

When ever you get back just go ahead and and check... I have a feeling that I still won't have the info by then. It's been like pulling hens teeth trying to find this info.

Tim

___

Spyder Garage

The ONLY information I have was given in the original post up top.

I will eventually come across the answer. I am a very patient guy. Even if I could find a member locally with the MP3 cable, I could quickly test the cable to get the PINOUTs.

Tim
    So then, take a photo of your DIN connector pin side, come up with your own pin number system and I will ring it out using you pin numbers or letters. Obviously the electricity does care what you label the pin as, unless you and I have a miscommunication / misunderstanding that causes an issues and wipes out a module.

Even go a step further, label the phone jack and I will use your ID stuff to pin it out for you.

Spyder Garage

BLUEKNIGHT911

Tim
    That wire came with my 2014 RT, they also supplied a different one for the other trunk plug ( on the left side looking at it ) ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

That wire came with my 2014 RT, they also supplied a different one for the other trunk plug ( on the left side looking at it ) ..... Mike
    My left side of the trunk has a DC jack in that position.

Tim

___

Spyder Garage

My left side of the trunk has a DC jack in that position.

Tim
    .... I also received a multi pin to multi pin ( a round to a flat type ) connection wire that can be used in the connection plug that you posted earlier..... I have not used it and don't remember the device it was supposed to be used for ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

.... I also received a multi pin to multi pin ( a round to a flat type ) connection wire that can be used in the connection plug that you posted earlier..... I have not used it and don't remember the device it was supposed to be used for ...... Mike
    That is probably for an apple product. They had a whole slew of propriety connectors of their products.

Tim

___

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thanks IdahoMtnSpyder!

When ever you get back just go ahead and and check... I have a feeling that I still won't have the info by then. It's been like pulling hens teeth trying to find this info.

Tim
    Tim, did you ever get the info? I finally remembered to look this up after being home a few days! The document I thought might have the pinouts does not. But I located my stereo cable so here is the info you want.

Stereo audio trunk connector 2.jpg

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Tim, did you ever get the info? I finally remembered to look this up after being home a few days! The document I thought might have the pinouts does not. But I located my stereo cable so here is the info you want. Stereo audio trunk connector 2.jpg

Hahahaha....

A BIG THANKS TO IdahoMtnSpyder!!! I just logged back on to say that I figured it out!!!

Thanks for remembering me and and connector needs. I was hesitant in probing around too much as I am not sure how well these radios are built and how well they could withstand some audio tracing. Last thing I want to do is damage something on the radio. I am going to post a little "how to make a cable" with pics with the info when I am done. It was way too difficult to find this stuff. I am sure it would be a benefit to others in the future.

Many thanks again.

Tim

___