Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

When you remove the HCM filter you are going to get some oil, I have no idea how much, draining out. The simplest method, IMO, would be to put a pan under that part of the Spyder and measure how much comes out and just replace that amount. You have to remember though that the longer the engine full of oil is not running the more oil flows out of the dry sump tank. For that reason it might be wise to drain the oil. When I did my last HCM filter at 56K I had drained the oil, from both the crankcase and clutch cover and I just placed a rag under the HCM filter before I removed it and there was so little oil on the rag it wasn't even a messy clean up; used the same rag to wipe down the gasket surface before installing the new HCM filter.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Ok...when you said drained from the crankcase does that include the transmission? (2 ports)

Spyder Garage

You don't need to change the oil to swap out the HCM filter. You will get very little oil loss from the change. Ride for at least 5 miles after the swap and check your oil level. It might not be enough difference to bother adding anything.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 09-06-2021 at 02:38 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cyclerambler View Post
    Ok...when you said drained from the crankcase does that include the transmission? (2 ports)
    There are two drain plugs on the 1330 ACE engine with SE6 transmission; the crankcase plug that takes a T45 Torx bit and the clutch cover, aka transmission, plug that takes a 6mm Allen.

While he talks a heck of a lot, Sean Smoak has a good video on doing a 1330 oil change.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPeb1YqV4Gw
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

+1 on the pan idea...just in case

Spyder Garage

Ok...bad news...hoping someone can point me in the right direction on this.....

Got the oil changed and HCM filter changed...got it all back together...starts up...good deal..........no throttle response...twist and nothing.

Any ideas?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cyclerambler View Post
    Ok...bad news...hoping someone can point me in the right direction on this.....

Got the oil changed and HCM filter changed...got it all back together...starts up...good deal..........no throttle response...twist and nothing.

Any ideas?
    No throttle response, as in, engine revs but Spyder won't move?? Or won't the engine rev at all?!?

It might be a long shot, but did you put the HCM the right way around?? They can go in backwards, and if that's the case, the engine runs but the trans won't engage....
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    No throttle response, as in, engine revs but Spyder won't move?? Or won't the engine rev at all?!?

It might be a long shot, but did you put the HCM the right way around?? They can go in backwards, and if that's the case, the engine runs but the trans won't engage....
    Thanks Peter...the engine will not rev...regarding the HCM...I just replaced the filter...I think that goes on just one way...
    It doesnt seem to be giving any failure/code info....

If the throttle was cable driven I'd swear the cable broke...thats what it feels like.

Started new thread on this one........