Spyder Garage

Default f3-s se6 front sprocket

Hello everyone,
    other day on the way to work I turned the corner on a back road and when I gave it the gas all I got was high rpms and a grinding noise from down by the belt by left foot....Long story short here after investigation It ended up being the the front belt sprocket. The inside spline was totally gone like its been wearing for awhile...Anybody else had this problem?....There has been a few times maybe like 3 that I accidently hit the down shift while cruising along at 50-55 , not sure if that is contributing factor or not. I think I have 15000 miles on the bike.

Spyder Garage

This is a known issue many have had. Take to dealer for warranty if you still have one.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage
    2018 F3s, 2016 versys 650LT, 2001 concours 1000

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the heads up. I went and checked for dust and torque. Both are OK. Thanks again.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

WELSOME TO THE CLUB......
    mine went @ about 17,000 miles on my 1st F3, a 2015... i hadn't heard of one prior to mine, but later found out that there were a few others that this happened to.... since 2015, i'm thinking there have been hundreds, if not thousands of others that have had the same issue.... BRP isn't doing much to fix this problem, otherwise, it would have ended by now... poor CUSTOMER CONSIDERATION is my call on this... i now have a new 2019 F3, and check for the RED DUST on the front sprocket on a weekly basis...
    good luck, and i (we all) hope you are back on the road soon....
    Dan P
    SPYD3R