Spyder Garage

Default Passenger seat button from Martinthevlogger

Just came across this video this morning. $25 and looks interesting ..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JswF5hgIZkQ
    https://www.martinthevlogger.com/pro...ed-push-button

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm curious about these passenger seat buttons...On my 2014 RTS the button is built into the bottom of the seat...When hauling a passenger WHAT EXACTLY DOES THIS BUTTON DO???

Has anyone tried the MTV block off on the RT style seat button???

Has anyone tried removing the seat button on their RT and relocating it so it DOES NOT get activated by the passenger???

And if so, what benefits we accomplished???

THANK YOU, larryd

Spyder Garage

The only thing this cap does is to make the nanny think there is no passenger or load on the seat, which can make for some hairy situations if you have either/both aboard....
    Use this cap with caution, the nanny will not step in correctly if this cap is used, your centerpoint is changed when driving with a passenger, and the Nanny will not adapt accordingly (as it would without the cap)

I have this cap, and know it's there, but keep in mind when driving with a passenger, it will change riding behavior.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-21-2022 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Clarity??
    the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it........

Spyder F3s 2019 All Black ( Named it: Brutus)
    Carbon Items added, just for looks
    Upgraded Shocks Trac-Tive, Rear hi/lo and rebound adjustable, with Hydraulic Pre-Load adjuster
    fronts hi/lo and rebound adjustable, custom made by the Trac-Tive Guru's
    Swaybar (Ron's)
    Tyres Front Michelin Cross Climate+ 175/60-15
    Rear, for 2022 still a Kenda, next Yokohama Advan Fleva 205/55R15
    Exhaust Bone stock, with a RLS Cat- Delete
    Custom ECU-Mapping, rewritten/adapted to my Ridingstyle
    Pedalbox, Awesome Upgrade...
    2019 F3s , O.E.M. Black, Black, Black

Spyder Garage

I defeated the function of the cap/switch with a couple of zip ties under cap.
    No issues when carrying a heavy touring bag on the rear seat.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Very Active Member Martin Slovakia's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Guys, as somebody posted here, it will cope up with the passenger with no trouble, but its not build for that. its primerally build for those that carry bags behind you as the nanny steps in because she thinks you have pasenger and not 10kg bag behind ya.
    when the nanny was doing it to me, i was feeling unsecured as the bYke did behave differently... much much differently and constantly braking wheels in corners

yes, you can use it also with passenger, but just be careful. This button can carry i think very easy 150kg... and more.. that is about 330+ pounds.
    also please be aware that in RT button also adjust the rear "pillow" specially on new RT20+
    so again you can use it.. you will trick the nanny, but;...

also you can remove and replace it at any moment,. its super easy to return the stock button when needed.
    also this button fix the rattling on F3 and F3s of the monoseat cowl and passenger seat.

and yes it is our best seller, we have about 500 buttons out there already/
    have an awesome weekend guys,
    martin

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Slovakia View Post
    Guys, as somebody posted here, it will cope up with the passenger with no trouble, but its not build for that. its primerally build for those that carry bags behind you as the nanny steps in because she thinks you have pasenger and not 10kg bag behind ya.
    when the nanny was doing it to me, i was feeling unsecured as the bYke did behave differently... much much differently and constantly braking wheels in corners

yes, you can use it also with passenger, but just be careful. This button can carry i think very easy 150kg... and more.. that is about 330+ pounds.
    also please be aware that in RT button also adjust the rear "pillow" specially on new RT20+
    so again you can use it.. you will trick the nanny, but;...

also you can remove and replace it at any moment,. its super easy to return the stock button when needed.
    also this button fix the rattling on F3 and F3s of the monoseat cowl and passenger seat.

and yes it is our best seller, we have about 500 buttons out there already/
    have an awesome weekend guys,
    martin
    I bought your button and then lost my stock button. Do you happen to have any for sale?

And one question, would you button keep the rear air bag from functioning correctly? Meaning it would only think I was on the bike and not raise the pressure because it thinks there is no passenger?
    2018 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by acdcking12 View Post
    And one question, would you button keep the rear air bag from functioning correctly? Meaning it would only think I was on the bike and not raise the pressure because it thinks there is no passenger?
    It won't keep the ACS from operating properly IF IT'S ABLE TO work properly (& not all do/can! ) simply because the ACS & its air bag works on info/feedback from the Height Sensor - so it's only indirectly based upon how any extra weight can change the ride height, not the actual weight on the seat.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!