Very Active Member redneck diva's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default question for any 2020 RT Limited owners.

good morning all. i presently have a 2014 RT Limited & RT622 trailer with it. this setup has the 4 pin square trailer wiring harness.

I just purchased a 2nd trailer that was wired for a Honda Goldwing with a round wiring harness.

I am thinking of getting a 2020 RT Limited & my question is can anyone tell me what type of wiring harness does the 2020 come with. i have had some say the 4 pin square like my 2014 & some have said the 4 pin flat like a normal trailer. reason asking i want to get the new trailer wire up for whatever the 2020 comes with.

you can see pics of the square harness my 2014 has & pic of the round harness the new trailer has. (& pic of my son, who is a new proud owner of a RYKER)

thanking all in advance.

IMG_8499.jpgIMG_8500.jpgIMG_8503.jpgIMG_8506.jpgIMG_8508.jpgIMG_8502.jpg
    Redneck Diva

Member of the Southern Cruisers Riding Club Chapter #213--
    Central Georgia
    Proud PGR rider

Spyder Garage

The 2020 BRP hitch has a square four pin. If you keep the physical hitch from your old Spyder (it will fit) you can buy an aftermarket wiring harness with a flat four or a BRP wiring harness with a square four. FYI: The aftermarket wiring harness is a lot easier to hook up than the 2020 BRP wiring harness.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Very Active Member redneck diva's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

awesome thank you for the help.......... i plan on keeping the 14 Spyder & add the 2020 to the garage collection hahaha
    thats why i got the 2nd trailer. that way we when we do long rides we can both have a trailer.
    Redneck Diva

Member of the Southern Cruisers Riding Club Chapter #213--
    Central Georgia
    Proud PGR rider

Spyder Garage

The 4 pin connector usually uses the same lights for turn/stop. The trailer in the picture appears to have separate turn(amber lens) and stop (red lens), this usually requires a 5 pin set-up. I installed a 4 to 5 pin convertor on one of my trailers to allow the 4 pin bike wiring to work on a 5 pin trailer.

Should be able to find any parts needed at www.etrailer.com.

Hope this helps
    2017 TriGlide

2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Purple/Black