Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    We have bypassed the compressor and valve, making a straight shot from Schrader valve to air bag. All the parts are already there, so it is just labor. Check it when you check your tires. Works great. The 2020 STD RT is a manual fill.
    Can you get to the air bag from the side panel removal or do you have to remove the trunk?
    2022 marsala red RTL
    AND

2014 RT S SE-6 COGNAC, 2010 RT 622 TRAILER TIMELESS BLACK
    BRP trailer hitch, Utopia back rest, Baja Ron sway bar , heim links. Elka stage 2 shocks front and rear.
    TricLed fender lights, saddlebag lights and mirror lights. LED headlights and fog lights, Wide vu mirrors.
    spyderpops LED bumpskid ,zippered cargo bag linings, Laser Alignment by Netzleys Tire, Stebal air horn
    stant gas cap,( Dimple oil plugs REMOVED ) JT dash mount.
    (Onboard) Lamonster Garage air compressor and intelliboost charger.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by safecracker View Post
    I agree with Mikey, i would go from air bag to shrader valve and be done with it. From what i have seen, the usual culprit is the check valve gets really dirty/gummy from the road. This causes the compressor to go bad. Earlier compressors had a set screw that would come loose and the piston rod would disconnect from the crank. Good luck on what you decide to do.
    Is there a special process that must be done to block off the flow to the pump or are you just filling thru the valve manually?
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderryder53 View Post
    Can you get to the air bag from the side panel removal or do you have to remove the trunk?
    Did mine from the side
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Did mine from the side
    Will the air line from the Schrader valve reach the air bag or did you have to add to it?
    2022 marsala red RTL
    AND

2014 RT S SE-6 COGNAC, 2010 RT 622 TRAILER TIMELESS BLACK
    BRP trailer hitch, Utopia back rest, Baja Ron sway bar , heim links. Elka stage 2 shocks front and rear.
    TricLed fender lights, saddlebag lights and mirror lights. LED headlights and fog lights, Wide vu mirrors.
    spyderpops LED bumpskid ,zippered cargo bag linings, Laser Alignment by Netzleys Tire, Stebal air horn
    stant gas cap,( Dimple oil plugs REMOVED ) JT dash mount.
    (Onboard) Lamonster Garage air compressor and intelliboost charger.

Spyder Garage

It's been a while, but follow the line up from the bag to the end, unhook it from there, just push in on the end of the fitting while you pull and wiggle side to side! then see if you have enough slack in that air line to reach the schrader, if there isn't you buy a coupling and add some air line to reach it, they sell everything you need at most good auto parts store that would have parts for most large commercial truck parts! I think I had enough line to reach with mine. It's a tight fit and hard to reach but is really doable. Good luck!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

No, the air line from the schrader does not reach the air bag, nor will the one from the air bag reach. I'm glad some people didn't have issues, but we had both sides the plastic removed and COULD NOT get the hose off of the air bag. Ended up getting a coupler to connect the line from the valve to the one on the bag.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

Just realized you asked a question!!! Yes I did put a fernco cup on. was not easy. had to undo and make paint lines to line it up for bolting

Spyder Garage

REMOVED EVERY PANEL. I hooked up a swtich and compressor and gauge