Spyder Garage

Default 2020 RT 2" Risers

This bit of info may only apply to the 2020 RT. To install the handle bar Risers it is
    necessary to trim a slot on both side of top mounting bracket between the small
    ears on both sides. This allows the Riser to slide inside the bar mounting holes
    about 1/2". I could have trimmed the slots a little deeper but so far the handle bar
    is mounted pretty tight and the top mount does not seem to be have structural damage.
    I really expected to receive a better mounting procedure.

Dray

Spyder Garage

Or, buy the F3T top clamp like Chris did.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Yep, could have done what Chris did. But after spending all most $100.00 for the
    Risers I was not in the mood to chase another part. It would have been nice if the
    company would have stated that a couple inches of top bracket needs to be cut off.
    May have changed my buying the risers.

Anyway, the risers now fit and do what they are suppose to do.

Dray

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) cohoff's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Dray, I sent you a pm, I have an F3 top clamp that I will send to you, no charge.
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AZCACOIDILINIAKSKYMDMIMNMOMTNENVNMNCOHORPASDTNUTVA  WAWVWIWYmed.jpg

Spyder Garage

F3 clamp all the way! That's what I used, works without any further modifications, wiring harness is long enough!

Spyder Garage

Default 2020 RT 2" Risers

A Lady by the name of Connie is sending me a F3 top clamp to replace the one I cut
    on. A very generous offer and it is much appreciated. I owe her big time.
    Thanks Connie for your generosity.

Dray

Spyder Garage

Dray, as a new 2020 RTL owner I was not aware of these risers. Could you steer me where I can buy, I need them badly getting a lot of pain across my upper back between and above my shoulder blades.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doug44 View Post
    Dray, as a new 2020 RTL owner I was not aware of these risers. Could you steer me where I can buy, I need them badly getting a lot of pain across my upper back between and above my shoulder blades.
    Doug, another option in addition to the risers is to swap out your handlebar with an F3T or FL handlebar.
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AZCACOIDILINIAKSKYMDMIMNMOMTNENVNMNCOHORPASDTNUTVA  WAWVWIWYmed.jpg

Spyder Garage

Right I work for a dealership part time and we have the F3 \T sitting on our floor but I am not 100 percent sure that is what I need. Plus the cost is double I am in no hurry I am hoping I can get use to the stock bars but I fear that is not going to happen. I am coming off a 2018 Honda GL1800Tour and I needed to put Helibar plates on it. But thank your for mentioning these even though I work at the dealership I have really not paid that much attention to the Can Am but to load them up on a trailer for service or take to a new owner. But it is great getting into something totally different and meeting this community.

Spyder Garage

Connie, received the F3 clamp and thank you very much. Works beautiful.
    I OWE YOU BIG TIME !!!!!!!!

Dray

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dray View Post
    Connie, received the F3 clamp and thank you very much. Works beautiful.
    I OWE YOU BIG TIME !!!!!!!!

Dray
    You are more than welcome. I'm glad it all worked out.

Spyder Garage

Doug, did you find out where to get the risers for a 2020 RT? I didn't see an answer to your question. Thanks,

Steve

Spyder Garage

Never mind Doug. I ordered some through LaMonster.

Steve

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesjammer View Post
    Doug, did you find out where to get the risers for a 2020 RT? I didn't see an answer to your question. Thanks,

Steve
    Yes I did find them however instead I ordered and have them on now a F3 short reach bar. Along with the factory backrest I feel this will do the trick. Thanks for the reply and good luck with yours

Spyder Garage

Bluejammer I'm contemplating ordering risers fro LaMonster as well. I would appreciate some feedback when you get yours installed.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
    Bluejammer I'm contemplating ordering risers fro LaMonster as well. I would appreciate some feedback when you get yours installed.
    This is what they look like installed on a F3LTD. Works great. About 1 1/2" up and 1 1/2" back.

http://store.valueaccessories.net/Ha...pyderF3RT.aspx
    Rick
    Spyder Lovers Vendor
    Value-Accessories

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Doug, you came off a 18 GW, most interesting. Care to share why, or if that stirs any kind of pot you can PM or email bikerbillwms@yahoo.com -- Just curious, that's all. Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
    I just installed Lamonster's riser and I couldn't be happier. I have a 2020 RTS Limited and the stock set up had me stretching a bit to reach the grips. So, I tried short reach bar which moved the grips too close and too high. The riser, with the reinstallation of the stock handlebar, provides a comfortable, more normal configuration.

Spyder Garage

Still riding. How was the install? I'm mechanically challenged, so I hope it was easy!! Are all the wires long enough to accommodate the riser? Thanks, and glad you like them.

steve

Spyder Garage

Still riding. How was the install? I'm mechanically challenged, so I hope it was easy!! Are all the wires long enough to accommodate the riser? Thanks, and glad you like them.

steve
    I too am mechanically challenged (physically, too), but being very careful not to strip the bolt heads, all went well. I didn't have to move the wiring because the dealer had already done that when they mounted the short reach bar, which didn't work for me. Someone probably will respond about the wiring.

Spyder Garage

steve
    The wires are plenty long enough, but they are shortened by way of zip ties. This is the only tricky part, because you have to snip those hidden zip ties without damaging the wires.

The zip ties can be accessed by carefully popping off the speaker cover, which is only held on by plastic tabs on the corners on the underside. Then you have a reach and limited access to get to the zip ties. It's not difficult, but it can be tricky.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6