Spyder Garage

Default F3T: To Move the Floorboards, What size are the underneath Bolts?

Trying to move the floorboards back one notch but can't loosen the two bolts underneath which allows the two parts to separate. They appear to be 5mm allen, but can't seem to get a bite on either one. Might they be Torx heads? If so, what size?

I'm afraid they have been reamed out by previous service dept.

Yes, I have searched with no results.

Edited: Found the size: 5mm (thanks to earlier comment by Highwayman)

Looks like I'm going to have to take it to the dealer! POOOP!
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

The bolts have a lot of yellow Locktite from the factory. If you don't heat up the bolt heads with something like a propane torch before you try to loosen them, they will most likely strip out. Just the right amount of heat and they will back right out without even burning the paint off.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That wonderful yellow Loctite. I still want to know what the **** possessed Can Am to buy that crap by the trainload. The Can Am tech who finally removed the handlebar bolt of mine said he's thought the same thing for the past 10 years. There's a place for almost everything. Every ****ing bolt is NOT the place for it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    That wonderful yellow Loctite. I still want to know what the **** possessed Can Am to buy that crap by the trainload. The Can Am tech who finally removed the handlebar bolt of mine said he's thought the same thing for the past 10 years. There's a place for almost everything. Every ****ing bolt is NOT the place for it.
    you got the bolt out??

ba
    2019 F3-T Liquid Titanium

“we are all products of those to whom we have chosen to listen”
    2019 F3T , titanium

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gwolf View Post
    The bolts have a lot of yellow Locktite from the factory. If you don't heat up the bolt heads with something like a propane torch before you try to loosen them, they will most likely strip out. Just the right amount of heat and they will back right out without even burning the paint off.
    Luckily, I had the dealer move mine from pos 3 to 5, so that initial loctite removal was his problem, not mine. I have had no problem removing the bolts since

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arachnyd View Post
    you got the bolt out??

ba
    A dealer did, but yeah. Even he had to work on it for 1/2 an hour. He was nice enough to remove the bolt next to it that I hadn't touched. Took him 20 minutes for that one. Let's just say he didn't have a lot of friendly words for BRPs choice of Loctite.

Spyder Garage

I'm going to hardware today and see if they have a 5mm socket for 3/8 ratchet . The only one I have is the small 1/4 and I couldn't get a good grip on it. Didn't know yesterday about heating so will give that a try today. If that don't work, it will go to dealer one day when it cools down some.

Maybe in September.

I want that floorboard moved back and a Lamonster brake bar on so the pedal lays down.

Edited: Thanks to Gwolf for the tip on using heat.

Heated the back side of the bolts with a heat gun till I couldn't touch it, and they came loose easily. Now the brake pedal lays down at a better ange for me.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)