Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default LED Turn Signal Mirrors

I’m looking into a purchase of LED strips/Turn Signals for my RT mirrors.

I like the 12 inch long strip of the Stay On (SPY225), but don’t care for the all time on feature. The other shorter strip Full view turn signals (SPY202) [not on all the time] look like a better option; although they are shorter.

I am 5-1/2 foot tall (with the stock seat for now) and wonder at the same time if the outside LED strip is a better option, than the inside next to the mirrors application (drilling holes etc). I want to see when the blinker is on, I do not want to be blinded from the mirror reflection of the LEDs installed in the mirrors; and I do want to see the LEDs even if its sunny outside.
    I did read many comments on this wonderful forum, just can’t make up my decision due to the inability to go to crowds because of COVID-19.

The kits do not list the LED chip’s nor the IP rating specs. Could anybody, please, tell me, what are they? I gues they are IP65 (Waterproof) rated. Is the SPY202 set possibly a 3014 LED chip?
    Last edited by INfox; 07-20-2020 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Correction of my height
    2017 RT Limited Asphalt Grey with Lamonster RT Spyder Cuff; Lamonster FBB Highway Bracket; Kuryakyn 7597 ISO Trident Pegs; RoadSport Big Mudder Extreme, Magic mirrors, Airhawk R, plastidipped Frunk, Ram Mount Universal X-Grip IV Large, FZ-1 fuze block, Dual USB charger, BajaRon Sway Bar, Black Powder Coated RT Dash Mount Bracket