Spyder Garage

Default 2009 gs se5 check engine on after instal of tricled help!

Hey. I just had tricled drl installed on 2009 gs se5. Everything works good. But now check engine is coming on.

I attached a pic of a plug we found in area under coolant reservoir. Does it look familiar to anyone? We dont think it was attached it was tucked in the frame. Mods have been done to this bike before me since I discovered a sway bar.

Any ideas about this plug? I'd be very grateful. We disconnected battery waiting 30 mins to see if that helps.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

pic does not seem to be attached.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YOW...w?usp=drivesdk

I added to google drive. Hope that works.

Spyder Garage

I added another pic I took of boke when it was apart - the plug in question appears to be attached to something -- under the coolant resevior coming out the triangle area of the frame.

problem is when we put bike back together we couldn't find a missing plug to attach that to?

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Claire - it looks like the plug that goes to the Pressure and Temperature sensor. It came unplugged when you pulled off the front luggage compartment. It's attached to that front luggage compartment on the right hand side up underneath in front of the front wheel. There's no matching harness, what you have plugs right into the sensor. Another thing you're going to want to learn how to do is pull up codes on your GS. It's different than on an RT and I don't have that committed to memory. Go ahead and search the forum for how to do that. Good Luck.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbelt Spyder View Post
    Claire - it looks like the plug that goes to the Pressure and Temperature sensor. It came unplugged when you pulled off the front luggage compartment. It's attached to that front luggage compartment on the right hand side up underneath in front of the front wheel. There's no matching harness, what you have plugs right into the sensor. Another thing you're going to want to learn how to do is pull up codes on your GS. It's different than on an RT and I don't have that committed to memory. Go ahead and search the forum for how to do that. Good Luck.

that would be amazing! She's in my garage for the night. when I drove home earlier might make sense why it went to 6 bars on temp. I have this bike 14 months now - its my daily driver ran it all summer last yr in Atlanta heat and its never gone over 5 bars on temp.

I'll be sure to post back - my friend who works at the garage will probably make a house call tmwr to reattach.

Spyder Garage

That sensor has nothing to do with engine temperature. It's for air pressure and temperature.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

When I had this plug disconnected and started the engine I got a check engine light. Freaked me out for a while. All ok when it was plugged back in.
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    That sensor has nothing to do with engine temperature. It's for air pressure and temperature.

got ya.. well -- it was hot as fire out there.

would attaching that sensor wire turn off the check engine light?

Spyder Garage

Yes it should.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldgoat View Post
    When I had this plug disconnected and started the engine I got a check engine light. Freaked me out for a while. All ok when it was plugged back in.
    Ah thank you. answers my question I just posted. 'tis why I love this forum. great experience & info!

here's the lights that got installed & led fender tip lights too

Spyder Garage

worked like a charm. no more check engine light

thank you!

Spyder Garage

For future reference. Note this only works when the fault is active. Fault light(s) are on.

With engine running.
    Press the mode button repeatedly until "engine hours" (total hours) shows on display. Make sure you do not release the mode button when you get to "engine hours"
    While still holding the mode button. Flash high beams 5 times within 2 seconds.
    If there are no active faults "No Active Fault Code" will be displayed.
    If there is an active fault, an alphanumeric code will be displayed.
    If there are more than one active code, you may press MODE to cycle through them.

If you cannot start the engine.
    Press and hold the headlight overrun button on the front of the right handlebar controls.
    Press the mode button repeatedly until "engine hours" (total hours) shows on display. Make sure you do not release the mode button when you get to "engine hours"
    While still holding the mode button and headlight overrun button. Flash high beams 5 times within 2 seconds.
    If there are no active faults "No Active Fault Code" will be displayed.
    If there is an active fault, an alphanumeric code will be displayed.
    If there are more than one active code, you may press MODE to cycle through them.

2018 F3 LIMITED