Spyder Garage

Default Madstad Windshield

My 2019 F3Limited with Screen,suits me fine very little buffing I am 5Ft 4,When my wife rides with me she is getting a lot of wind buffing,she is 5Ft, thinking of getting the 20inch Madstad screen,still want to look over it,open to all suggestions thanking you.
    John
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 07-19-2020 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Madstad

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Patt View Post
    My 2019 F3Limited with Screen,suits me fine very little buffing I am 5Ft 4,When my wife rides with me she is getting a lot of wind buffing,she is 5Ft, thinking of getting the 20inch Madstad screen,still want to look over it,open to all suggestions thanking you.
    John
    The plus of the adjustable Madstad is that you can move it up and down and angle it forward and back, Patt. Others don’t offer that. The scenario you are facing is not one that I have experienced as I am 6’7” and any screen that comes to the tip of my nose (usually 25” (max heights), so I can still see over it while providing reasonable buffeting protection, provides great cover for my wife whose view basically consists of the back of my helmet .

It’s hard to nominate a screen height as we are all different body heights, even though we may be the same overall height. The only suggestion I can make is to get yourself a long piece of timber and a spirit level (or ideally a long spirit level), hold it level with your top lip and see how much extra height you can add on your current screen to still allow you to see over the top. Once you know that, you can do some comparisons of stock screen height with aftermarket screen heights......also the aftermarket guys will all provide help in getting the best height for you for their particular screen. F4 is also a great screen, albeit without the Madstad adjustability, that provides great protection. I have both the Madstad and the F4 on my F3-L, and prefer the F4, especially as it also has lower “wings” to provide even more protection for you and your passenger, but’s that’s me, and I am quite happy to ride behind the Madstad.

One thing I would caution you about, is accepting advice from others who are the same height. They have the best of intentions, but as I said earlier, we are all different body shapes and theirs might not fit you

Hope that provides some food for thought........good luck

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

p.s. sorry, I should have mentioned the Lamonster type screens (I think they are called Freedom screens, but I could be wrong) that have a top lip, meaning the air is forced over the lip. This means you can get away with a shorter screen but still provide buffeting protection for you and your passenger.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks Pete,will also look at theF4 thank you
    John

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    p.s. sorry, I should have mentioned the Lamonster type screens (I think they are called Freedom screens, but I could be wrong) that have a top lip, meaning the air is forced over the lip. This means you can get away with a shorter screen but still provide buffeting protection for you and your passenger.

Pete
    I went with the 15" Freedom windshield from Lamonster and it's huge improvement over the stock windshield, and the wife seems to be good with the wind delection, although I'm 5'-8" and she's at 5'-5".

Hey Pete do you have aircraft warning lights on your helmet?
    2018 F3 Limited , Black/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoSpyder View Post

Hey Pete do you have aircraft warning lights on your helmet?
    I tried that, Chicago, but I kept bringing down overhead power lines

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Pete ,I am swaying towards the F4 21” hope I can see over the top of it ,would it be possible to give me a measure height from the top edge of the Dash to 21 “ on your tall windshield,hope this makes sense.
    John

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    I tried that, Chicago, but I kept bringing down overhead power lines

Pete
    And you all think he's joking, don't you!

2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Patt View Post
    Pete ,I am swaying towards the F4 21” hope I can see over the top of it, would it be possible to give me a measure height from the top edge of the Dash to 21 “ on your tall windshield,hope this makes sense.
    John
    John, if I have read your question correctly, vertically from the top edge of the dash (i.e. above the odometer) to a point 21” up the F4 from its bottom edge is between 12” and 12.5”. I hope that’s what you wanted. I have also messaged you.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Have you seen this F4 sizing video, John?

https://youtu.be/aDiHnRkqeEU
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Thanks Pete, that is what I wanted much appreciated.
    John