Spyder Garage

Default Live RADAR on Spyder

I want live radar on my Spyder when traveling. What device are you using and what app do you use? How did you mount it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jim

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Assuming you’re talking about weather radar.....just kidding....although there are times I’d like to have fire control radar.....

MyRadar App
    iPhone
    X-Grip with tether
    Spyder Cuff

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

I have a Garmin Zumo XT on the bike and it has a weather app on it. You need to have the Garmin Drive app on you phone, and the phone paired to the XT and you can then get weather Radar....or just the forecast if that's all you need.

Spyder Garage

Wondering if you are meaning weather radar or speed radar??

We never worry about the second kind. No more than five over, and on many quiet country roads where the speed limit is 55, we like to chug along at 40-45. Many of the local Sheriff's now know us well with our yellow and orange 's. We usually give them a wave as we go by where they are hiding in the bushes.

One even pulled up to us at a stop and complimented us on the nice bikes.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Wondering if you are meaning weather radar or speed radar??

We never worry about the second kind. No more than five over, and on many quiet country roads where the speed limit is 55, we like to chug along at 40-45. Many of the local Sheriff's now know us well with our yellow and orange 's. We usually give them a wave as we go by where they are hiding in the bushes.

One even pulled up to us at a stop and complimented us on the nice bikes.
    I retired from being an active LEO 14 yrs. ago.... at that time even our Dinky police dept. was using " LAZER " type speed tracking devices ..... This type is for specific target usage, it is only active for the 1 to 2 seconds it takes to clock & lock your vehicle speed .... I remember when we first started using it, the surprise drivers had while their " RADAR sensing devices " were Silent on top of their dashboards. ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

I’m asking about Weather Radar. How do riders get weather radar when traveling.
    Jim

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JimboRTS View Post
    I’m asking about Weather Radar. How do riders get weather radar when traveling.
    Jim
    Most likely from their Cell Phone ..... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Hi
    If I’m using my cell phone for BRP connect. I would like to use a small tablet like IPad mini or other small tablet with cell phone capable to get weather radar via the tablet and mount on handle bars. Can I do this and if so what are you using?
    Jim

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JimboRTS View Post
    Hi
    If I’m using my cell phone for BRP connect. I would like to use a small tablet like IPad mini or other small tablet with cell phone capable to get weather radar via the tablet and mount on handle bars. Can I do this and if so what are you using?
    Jim
    Accuweather is available on BRP Connect. If you switch over you can get radar there.

Spyder Garage

Cell phone!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I retired from being an active LEO 14 yrs. ago.... at that time even our Dinky police dept. was using " LAZER " type speed tracking devices ..... This type is for specific target usage, it is only active for the 1 to 2 seconds it takes to clock & lock your vehicle speed .... I remember when we first started using it, the surprise drivers had while their " RADAR sensing devices " were Silent on top of their dashboards. ..... Mike
    Mike we should have a nice talk sometime about this subject, there are counter measures for that, it's the instant on Radar, that is the real pain in the a$$ hahahaha
    2015 RTs , Black

Spyder Garage

I have Accuweather on the dash vis BRP Connect but can’t get it to display radar. How do I get radar, do you get, it if so how?
    Jim

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boomerman View Post
    Mike we should have a nice talk sometime about this subject, there are counter measures for that, it's the instant on Radar, that is the real pain in the a$$ hahahaha
    I remember the instant on radar, it worked ..... But instant on LAZAR .... worked a lot better ..... annnnnnnnnd to the best of my knowledge NO ONE has devised a device that can alert you to LAZAR use , even if it left on ( which no one does ) ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

The BRP Connect Accuweather app does not have a radar overlay. I've tried a couple of different ways, but settled on having my phone in an XGrip (RAM also makes XGrip for tablets), which in turn is mounted to the handlebar. I use the paid Rever app for navigation (another app that was useless on BRP Connect) and that app offers a radar overlay while using the navigation features. Of course, using any weather app on phone or tablet will provide the same radar info.
    2019 Can Am F3 Limited

Spyder Upgrades/mods:
    F4 Windscreen,
    Ultimate seat and Driver's backrest,
    Lamonster Fog lights,
    Lamonster Brake Rod kit,
    CanAm Short Reach Handlebar

Other Current Bike: 2009 Honda Shadow 750 Aero

Past Bikes:
    2018 BMW C650CT
    2013 BMW C650GT
    2011 Honda SH150i
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue Metallic

Spyder Garage

When concerned about storms I use the My Radar app on my Iphone. I have a Garmin XP but have not used the radar function yet.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic