Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default 2020 Spyder RT Petrol Blue

Ok I am a little confused on this color "Petrol Blue"

Looking at Imotorsports web sight, they have one that looks like a nice royal blue listed as petrol blue, and one that looks more on the green side listed as petrol blue.
    So I start looking at other websites and at all of the 2020 RT Petrol blue listed as purchased on Spyderlovers, and I have found the same thing. Some pictures look like it is royal blue and some look more of a green shade.

I don't have a dealer around me with a petrol blue in stock on the floor so I can't go look at the color.

So my question is, what is the actual color of the bike?
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

The color above in the JohnnyK ad seems to be right on. The petrol blue seems to be a little more to the cobalt side than the royal blues we are used to on previous offerings.

It's more subdued this year on most colors. The white is not true white, the grey is lighter than previous models, and the blue is a bit more subdued. The red...which is now showing up is not the fire engine red we are used to either.

The colors will stand out, compared to previous offerings. When I was considering the 2020, I wanted either blue or red...but never got as far as that choice.

I went 2019--phoenix orange...which is also pretty nice.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 07-17-2020 at 11:21 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) cohoff's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I own a 2020 RT in petrol blue. The color is difficult to describe as it varies with the degree/type of light on it. I would never call it a true blue. It tends to be more of a teal and that is why you see shades of green in some pictures. IMO a photo will never show it's true color.
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AZCACOIDILINIAKSKYMDMIMNMOMTNENVNMNCOHORPASDTNUTVA  WAWVWIWYmed.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cohoff View Post
    I own a 2020 RT in petrol blue. The color is difficult to describe as it varies with the degree/type of light on it. I would never call it a true blue. It tends to be more of a teal and that is why you see shades of green in some pictures. IMO a photo will never show it's true color.
    Don't forget the sparkly metal flakes. My wife rides one and it changes color with the light. Very pretty.
    2018 Spyder ST Limited , Asphalt Gray

Spyder Garage

I was the same,is it blue or green??? Went to a dealership and it more Blue.
    I want a 2020!
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    Ok I am a little confused on this color "Petrol Blue"

Looking at Imotorsports web sight, they have one that looks like a nice royal blue listed as petrol blue, and one that looks more on the green side listed as petrol blue.
    So I start looking at other websites and at all of the 2020 RT Petrol blue listed as purchased on Spyderlovers, and I have found the same thing. Some pictures look like it is royal blue and some look more of a green shade.

I don't have a dealer around me with a petrol blue in stock on the floor so I can't go look at the color.

So my question is, what is the actual color of the bike?
    In 2010 my wife bought her first Spyder. It was Orbital blue which was a deep, royal blue.

This year she bought a Petrol blue Spyder that only reveals it’s true color in bright sunlight. It reflects the light showing the greenish tinge under the blue, giving it a teal color that is quite a dramatic difference from fluorescent or incandescent light.

Clever with colour, those Canadians.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

As stated above, changes by the amount and type of lighting. Seeing it in person and the amazing depth of color with the metal flake is what swayed me from buying the red....love my petrol blue (teal metal flake).

2020 Petrol Blue RTL Dark

May the wind be at your back and keep 3 on the ground!

Spyder Garage

Glad you folks brought up the color changes that happen in various degrees of lighting. I have the 2019 F3L in phoenix orange, and it does the same thing in lighting changes. Got to love the new paint jobs.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red