Spyder Garage

Default Hi-lift jack Harbor Freight

Is anyone tried using the high lift motorcycle jack from Harbor Freight.

Found a lot of reviews of the ATV motorcycle jack but none of the high lift Jack
    Thanks

Spyder Garage

I have both. I use the high lift on big jobs to save my back. I had to buy some square tubing to extend the arms and use some wood spacers at the frame points to level it. Once I get it in the air I do brace up the far side to make it more stable. It is pretty wobbly otherwise. As you can see I have an RT.
    2692DF8C-C809-452D-90CF-90FC2BC74D05.jpg
    79BEF28D-30AB-4B62-9A5D-6533A1DDF336.jpg
    D3B7D24B-0222-4BB7-B818-18D47C18C807.jpg

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the pics.RT here also.
    Any problem with the floor boards?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kdp1308 View Post
    I have both. I use the high lift on big jobs to save my back. I had to buy some square tubing to extend the arms and use some wood spacers at the frame points to level it. Once I get it in the air I do brace up the far side to make it more stable. It is pretty wobbly otherwise. As you can see I have an RT.
    2692DF8C-C809-452D-90CF-90FC2BC74D05.jpg
    79BEF28D-30AB-4B62-9A5D-6533A1DDF336.jpg
    D3B7D24B-0222-4BB7-B818-18D47C18C807.jpg
    Question.......after you remove the two front wheels/tires it obviously changes the balance point, is the HF high lift able to safely accommodate that change in weight distribution?

Spyder Garage

It has been a while, but I think I did have to take the floorboard off on the jack side. You do have to make sure you get it in a good spot to balance. I had all three wheels on and off at different points. Just go slow at adding or taking off weight. I did add jack stands to different points depending on what I was doing.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I recommend using the hold down straps supplied with that jack .... it will stabilize the lift ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

If you look in the second picture you can see two tie down straps holding the Spyder to the jack. I also left a jack stand under the rear tire if it was on.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you look in the second picture you can see two tie down straps holding the Spyder to the jack. I also left a jack stand under the rear tire if it was on.
    Thanks for the clarification. I use a lot of HF stuff and some, but not all, are marginally safe.

Spyder Garage

It is rated for 1100 lbs and the arms are pretty stout, but the Spyder is longer and wider than it is really designed for. I never did see the arms on the floor come up at all like it was tipping. It does lock in the full up position. You don't want the Spyder tipping off, so getting it well balanced and strapped to the jack is important.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Yep it has the straps .... But they are hanging down " loose " .... they don't work unless attached properly .... jmho .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Yep it has the straps .... But they are hanging down " loose " .... they don't work unless attached properly .... jmho .... Mike
    You need to take a closer look...the tie down straps are hooked up and tight!

Spyder Garage

The tie downs are tight. They are very long and have long tails. I think there is one from the Spyder frame to the lifting part of the frame and one from the subframe by the oil cooler to the base of the frame.