Thread: Dam bugs

Spyder Garage

Default Dam bugs

Does anyone make and sell a bra ,to cover the front of the RT. The bike seems to vacuum the bugs off the highway and into the rad . One ride of 150 km and it looks like i have never cleaned it .
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

Spyderpops Keep Out The Trash (KOTT) Grilles are the answer.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I have one-- works ad advertised.

Big Bike Parts - Fairing Bra Set Spyder Rt 2014+ - H41-157BK
    Big Bike PartsŪ introduces an attractive finish saving accessory designed to reduce the nicks, chips, and bugs that pummel the front cowl and front trunk of the Can-Am RT. This two piece Front Cowl and Trunk Bra Set has a tailored bra for the front trunk and another tailored sewn wrap for the front lower intake cowl. The Front Cowl and Trunk Bra Set greatly reduces the road rash the Can-Am RT takes, and provides a clean blacked-out look to the front cowl. Both the upper and the lower bras wrap into the front trunk lip and are held securely in place with special adhesive backed hook and stitched loop. Available in black only and made in the USA.

A good farkel---- "You'll thank me later"

Lew L

http://www.bigbikeparts.com/template...&GroupGuid=668
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

on the Spyderpops KOTT grills.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I have a combination of the Big Bike bra and the KOTT grill inserts and am pleased with the results. Recently it's been too hot in Texas for the bugs to fly - they've taken to walking after dark to get where they want to go!
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

I've got the kott grills. Out here in New Mexico, it's plague of locusts all the time. I kinda like the idea of adding the bra - it's not too expensive either.

Spyder Garage

Spyderpops.com
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post
    I have one-- works ad advertised.

Big Bike Parts - Fairing Bra Set Spyder Rt 2014+ - H41-157BK
    Great accessory for those who like such things, but it won't do a thing to keep bugs out of the radiators. For that the suggested KOTT grills are good.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)