Spyder Garage

Default Does F3T Seat or Passenger Seat Open?

Out of curiosity, is the driver seat made to open or raise? I find nothing in my manual about it.

The passenger seat does not come off either: manual says "turn key to left" (as you would to open frunk) and raise the passenger seat.

I don't have a reason to open/take off either, but would like to know I can, if needed.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ulflyer View Post
    Out of curiosity, is the driver seat made to open or raise? I find nothing in my manual about it.

The passenger seat does not come off either: manual says "turn key to left" (as you would to open frunk) and raise the passenger seat.

I don't have a reason to open/take off either, but would like to know I can, if needed.
    Turning the key to the left releases the rear seat, under the rear seat is the valve to add or subtract air for rear airbag for adjusting preload. Suggested psi is on label under seat. the toolkit is stored under back seat.
    The front you take out 2 bolts that hold it in place.
    Also your bike lists 2015 F3T but the F3T didn't come out till 2016.
    Bob

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RNBOB View Post
    Bob
    You'll have to forgive those NC peeps.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RNBOB View Post
    Turning the key to the left releases the rear seat, under the rear seat is the valve to add or subtract air for rear airbag for adjusting preload. Suggested psi is on label under seat. the toolkit is stored under back seat.
    The front you take out 2 bolts that hold it in place.
    Bob
    '16 is is. Fixed. Thanks Bob. What you say above is how the manual reads and the pass seat feels a bit loose but neither me nor my buddy can get it off. The ride suits me as is so I won't worry about it.

Monk, your area is noted for making good shine. FWIW, my first car back in '50 was a '38 Ford coupe that had been previously used to run moonshine. The rear springs had been lifted so that a load would make it sit level. Of course I never touched the stuff!

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)

Spyder Garage

Push and turn key quarter turn to the right (clockwise) and lift passenger seat.
    Left (counter clockwise) opens frunk.

ba
    2019 F3-T Liquid Titanium

“we are all products of those to whom we have chosen to listen”
    2019 F3T , titanium

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arachnyd View Post
    Push and turn key quarter turn to the right (clockwise) and lift passenger seat.
    Left (counter clockwise) opens frunk.

ba
    Well dang, that worked fine!

I surely need all the help I can get these days. Recently the repair guy brought my lawn mower back. While chatting, I complained that the big mower I pull behind my tractor hadn't been cutting good all year. He takes a look and said "it would help if you turned the blades right side down".............

I asked him if he could come back every week or so and see what else I was doing wrong.

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Monk, your area is noted for making good shine. FWIW, my first car back in '50 was a '38 Ford coupe that had been previously used to run moonshine. The rear springs had been lifted so that a load would make it sit level. Of course I never touched the stuff!
    Yeah. Moonshine and NASCAR (almost one in the same back in the day). Junior Johnson was born in Ronda, just down the road a few miles. I'm in the heart of it all. Rumor has it (of course I wouldn't know for a fact) there's still (no pun intended) some good 'shine just a few miles up the road.