Spyder Garage

Default My Kanine review

Just got back from 2100 mile ride in Southwest Virginia and Kentucky.I rode Back of Dragon,Trail of Dragon,and just about every other twisty road down there.Went 550 miles straight to get there and felt that the new rear Kanine was noticeably smoother than the original Kenda.BTW I have had Vredsteins on the front for a little while now.Im running 26 in the back and I bumped the fronts up to 20 bc I knew Id be fully loaded doing some fast twisty riding and the front tires were howling on fast tight turns before.In the hard turns the rear tire definitely holds better and doesnt squeal like the the old tire.The front tires also no longer howl and feel like they wanna slide.We hit some hard rain on the way down and there was no hydroplaning at 60 mph,I usually cruise at 75-80 but not in hard rain.We also hit hard rain at the top of a mountain with lots of switchbacks and gravel washing across road.I had no problem with frt or rear tires and felt more confident than ever before.After 2100 mi there is no evident tire wear.I also felt that going over small bumps bike was smoother.I think this combo will work good for me and Ill just have to see how long it lasts.
    :
    : 2017 RTL ORBITAL BLUE

Spyder Garage

Watching for longevity. I hope they last!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

So far, sounding very good. As mentioned above, improved longevity is what most of us are looking for.

I put darkside tires on the 2014 last summer and recently purchased a one year old (new) 2019. It of course came with the OEM Kendas.

Lucky for me, I probably have at least till the end of this year to make a determination. I am expecting 20K or more miles on the 2019 this year...the back tire will be interesting. I usually get 15K out of OEM Kendas.

It's going to be close for me.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    So far, sounding very good. As mentioned above, improved longevity is what most of us are looking for.

I put darkside tires on the 2014 last summer and recently purchased a one year old (new) 2019. It of course came with the OEM Kendas.

Lucky for me, I probably have at least till the end of this year to make a determination. I am expecting 20K or more miles on the 2019 this year...the back tire will be interesting. I usually get 15K out of OEM Kendas.

It's going to be close for me.
    As I've stated in other Kanine tire threads , the construction of the new tire is the same as the old Kenda, hopefully the tread compound is better ... we need some users with higher mileages to report them ....Mike .....

Spyder Garage

Just put a new Kanine on my RTL. Original had 8550 miles. I put about 450 miles on the new tire, no complaints yet. Hopefully it will last longer. 10000 miles would make me happy. I didn't have any problems with my original tire, just thought it wore out quick.
    2021 RTL Chrome Deep Marsala
    HELI Bars
    Garmin Zumo XT
    USB power port
    Front fender lights & Sequential turn signals
    Front LED Auxiliary light
    Flashing brake module TricLED
    Baha Ron sway bar
    belt tensioner
    RLS muffler

2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Update on Kanine. I'm at the 3000 mile mark and all good. Shows little if any wear so far, handles well. I was on Rt 17? in Vermont very tight and twisty only tires that made noise were the front. I will keep updating as I put more miles on.
    2021 RTL Chrome Deep Marsala
    HELI Bars
    Garmin Zumo XT
    USB power port
    Front fender lights & Sequential turn signals
    Front LED Auxiliary light
    Flashing brake module TricLED
    Baha Ron sway bar
    belt tensioner
    RLS muffler

2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Papa103 View Post
    Update on Kanine. I'm at the 3000 mile mark and all good. Shows little if any wear so far, handles well. I was on Rt 17? in Vermont very tight and twisty only tires that made noise were the front. I will keep updating as I put more miles on.
    Wow, I live 6 miles from Rt 17 & Rt 100 ( the east-end of Rt 17 ) ..... per mile it has the most 15 - 20 & 25 mph curves in Vt. .............to bad I didn't know you were in my area .... could have shown you lots of incredible roads ...... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Wow, I live 6 miles from Rt 17 & Rt 100 ( the east-end of Rt 17 ) ..... per mile it has the most 15 - 20 & 25 mph curves in Vt. .............to bad I didn't know you were in my area .... could have shown you lots of incredible roads ...... Mike
    You just want to check out his tires.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    You just want to check out his tires.
    Well that, but more so ..... What PSI He's using ........... Rt 17 is on my short list of " must do rides " .... and I do it a few times every week ....it's part of a 52 mile loop which includes Hinesburg Rd. and Cochran's Rd ( runs alongside the Winooski river ...... mega twistie's - mega fun ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

I'm about to leave on a 5000 nile trip with a new Kanine on the rear of my 2016 RTL. For those of you who are already running one, what operating pressure are you using?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I run at 28PSI for the rear