Spyder Garage

Default F3 Limited - can I improve the audio system?

Hello, Spyder fans.

I am writing here in this forum because there are too few Spyder drivers in Germany who could possibly give me some good tips.

I drive a F3 Limited 2019 and would like to improve the sound quality of the audio system. Preferably only by replacing it with better speakers.

Are there F3 Limited drivers who have improved the original audio system with other components?

Cheers - Eric
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-14-2020 at 07:06 PM. Reason: This is a 'How do I' question, not a 'How to:' diy explanation....
    And it works. Silent gear engagement on a Spyder f3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ox2...ature=youtu.be

Spyder Garage

I recently purchased a new 2019 F3L. IMO, compared to the previous 's I owned with radio in them, I feel that the performance is better on the 2019 than others. Also, there is no longer any AM reception...just FM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EricGermany View Post
    Hello, Spyder fans.

I am writing here in this forum because there are too few Spyder drivers in Germany who could possibly give me some good tips.

I drive a F3 Limited 2019 and would like to improve the sound quality of the audio system. Preferably only by replacing it with better speakers.

Are there F3 Limited drivers who have improved the original audio system with other components?

Cheers - Eric
    Good question and welcome to the forum
    2018 F3 Limited , Black/Chrome

Spyder Garage

About the f3's, but there have been guy's here changing speakers putting amp's and things on the rt! You may have to do some mod's because of fitment issues but should be able to get it done! Good luck let us know how you made out!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

F3 stereo is difficult if not impossible to upgrade. I found that once I got a 7th gen iPod Touch replacing my 5th Gen Nano, the audio improved so much that I have stopped looking for other options. I have heard that sometimes a visit to the dealer for an audio software update might help.

I'm no rookie for Audio upgrades. Check my GoldWing page for info on that:
    to see MY wing page
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey