Spyder Garage

Default 20 RT 1000mi review

Have had the bike for a month and actually have more like 1400mi on it but close counts right? First off,why did I trade my perfectly fine 18 RTLTD in after 8 of 9000 trouble free miles? I really liked the new look of the 20's particularly the front end and rear top box.Throw in the Marsala red and I was done. The ride- It is cadillac just like the 18 was.Handling-I feel that the steering is a bit more sensitive in that it seems to take even less input to drive around hwy twists n turns.Brakes-Are very good! Stops fast and straight! Lights-Were a HUGE problem for me on the 18 and I spent probly $600 to change.The 20 LED's are way better.The brights are good but the aim on the low beams seems to be entirely too low for my liking.Might be the individual machine but I hope they can be adjusted.I also have the aux. signature light and that does put quite a bit of light on the sides and front of the road albeit low like fog lights.A worthwhile farkle tho for me. Handling- As I said,steering et all takes less input and tight corners are fun as always.I don't notice any particular diving or other problems but I may not ride as aggressive as you Sound system-I like it! Seems better(louder) than the 18 and the FM reception,while not up to auto standards)is better.No problem hearing tunes on 4 lane in traffic driver or pssngr.Seats- I feel the 18 was more comfortable for me and I use my air hawk all the time now.Wife is totally comfy on back and likes the shape of the new armrest's.Very nice for her not to have to get off to gas up unless she needs a stretch!Fit-I'm 5'-9" with a 29in inseam.I have no problem with the brake pedal and feel it's a big improvement!The big boards are also nice allowing a lot of movement.The bars are a tad to far for me and cause some pain in my elbows and forearms after a while so I will be doing the F3-T swap.Power-I don't feel any big difference from 18.It's not a rocket but absolutely not a slug! No problem getting into traffic on hwy!I did have a chance last week to test hard braking maneuverability when the second car in front of me hit a deer on the 4 lane at 75+ and his front end exploded into the air and on the road...bike did great!Off the road onto the gravel and back on road while braking hard.Overall-You couldn't get this bike from me with a crow bar! I think it looks awesome,I love the color,it rides smooth as a bus,fun as heck in twisties and goes fast when ya want to! PS-No,I do not have any association with BRP or any dealer,shop or otherwise,just a happy biker!

Spyder Garage

Woods I agree whole heartedly with your review. I traded my 14 RT for a 2020 and have the same opinion as you. Same color too��. Keep enjoying it as I know I will enjoy mine.

Spyder Garage

jwt do you think your low beams are too low also? I should add that I get pretty much a solid 35mpg.Haven't been caught in the rain yet so can't speak to protection or handling with stock tires there.I felt the 18 was great in those conditions and suspect the 20 may be better judging by air flow on me.

Spyder Garage

Great review! I concur with all your observations. The F3T bar swap will solve that arm problem, and a properly fitted custom saddle will Fix the bottom issue. Great in the rain, both protection and handling. Hope to see you at a rally!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Spot on review....although I don't have the seat issues and haven't done any night riding yet. Love my 2020!

2020 Petrol Blue RTL Dark

May the wind be at your back and keep 3 on the ground!

Spyder Garage

Also I have ridden on hwy at 93 degrees and didn't notice any undue heat on legs even going thru town.Had stuff in the frunk and can't say that any of it felt unduly heated when removed.I have learned that closing the rear top box gently and then giving it a push down locks it easier than slamming shut.

Spyder Garage

A spritz of silicone on the latch makes removing the top box easy.
    Joe Meyer

Spyder Garage

Did the F3 bars yesterday,you were right Joe,easy peasy! Feel like mini apes but put bars in a much better position for me.An unintended bonus is the grips(and my hands) are no longer in the middle of the mirrors and I can see directly behind the bike!

Spyder Garage

I just love that mod. Cheap, easy, solving a problem, looks factory. Glad you like it!
    As an aside, Woods and I built custom Harley Roadrods simultaneously in two different states! Like 14 years ago! Very cool to see him posting here. Welcome! Joe
    Joe Meyer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by woods View Post
    Did the F3 bars yesterday,you were right Joe,easy peasy! Feel like mini apes but put bars in a much better position for me.An unintended bonus is the grips(and my hands) are no longer in the middle of the mirrors and I can see directly behind the bike!
    It looks like this will be the route I take. Did you have to replace the top mounting plate, too? (Wrong picture in my signature. I do have a 2020.)

Spyder Garage

Great review.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

No sir.Ordered 2020 F3T stock bars they fit right on.The only thing I ran into was I put the control asmblys in the new bars before I put them(the new bars) in position because altho there was enough slack for finished position it was very tight to get them in with bars on clamps.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by woods View Post
    No sir.Ordered 2020 F3T stock bars they fit right on.The only thing I ran into was I put the control asmblys in the new bars before I put them(the new bars) in position because altho there was enough slack for finished position it was very tight to get them in with bars on clamps.
    Thanks so much.