Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebars View Post
    Warranty? Not likely. BuRP dealers are notorious for not wanting to do warranty work. Installing one won't hurt your warranty. BpRP sells one for $40. to see it
    I've got a BRP but found I was not able to install it. PM if anyone is interested.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

My brand new 2021 RTL had same issued around 78-80 miles my floorboards vibrated so bad feels like its comming the transmission.
    Installed Lamonster damper got rid of the vibration.

Spyder Garage

Here is some background info: BRP is aware of the vibration issue. It is caused by the harmonic vibration of the belt. When the 2020 models were introduced, BRP showed a Powerpoint session in which they mention that the tension arm and roller fixed the problems on the F3, so they were going to put that on as standard equipment on the 2020 RT's. BUT, they did not do so. They did, however, start installing them on the 2021 RT's. So, the 2020's have that problem. The Lamonster roller on this arm has a larger diameter than the OEM one, which means that it rotates fewer times per mile giving less wear, plus it has an extra set of bearing to help stabilize the roller.

I contacted the dealer who was unable to do much about it except adjusting the belt tension, which did not help. Feeling that BRP should fix a problem they knew about and said in writing that they had a fix for it, I contacted BRP customer service. They became very helpful when I pointed out that they had said in writing that they were going to apply the fix to the 2020 RTs but did not do so. They opened a service iticket on it. I bought the Lamonster one myself because I wanted the larger roller than the OEM version had. The dealer installed that part for me under warranty!

I started to install the arm myself, because it had only two bolts and should be easy to do, so what could possible go wrong! But I let the dealer do it when they were doing the 3000 mile service. Sure am glad I did. It turns out that one of the bolts holding it was stuck. The dealer tried heating it, but the bolt actually snapped. They tried a bolt remover, but that did not work either. The bolt was cross threaded by the factory. The dealer had to send off to the factory to get the frame piece to which the arm attached and replace the entire assembly. I surely am thankful that I did not try that myself! They did all this under warranty. The dealer was very helpful through all this, and BRP was also, once I explained to them the written documents I had.

So all is well, at least for now. PS, I did have the main computer go out at 600 miles on the Spyder while I was in the boonies in far West Texas at Big Bend National Park, but that is another whole story. Yes, they fixed that under warranty also. (I discovered that warranty towing pays only $200. It was 360 miles from there back to San Antonio. I was able to get bock home without towing.)

So, if you are having that problem, maybe the dealer can help. If they cannot, try BRP customer service. Ya just never know... maybe they will help also?

Spyder Garage

same here.. bad vibration at 70-75 mph....lamonster belt dampener did the trick.... smooth all the way to 90 mph.. i usually dont go over 60-70. but had to see what it would do..
    2020 F3 limited, liquid titanium
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    19 in freedom tinted windshield
    matte black daytona frunk wrap
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Spyder Garage

Well, the max speed limit on I-10 is 70. So if you have vibration at 72 mph, just bring it back down to the legal speed limit and the vibration should go away.
    John F.
    Tallahassee, FL

2015 Spyder F3 SE6, black
    BRP Driver/passenger Footboards
    BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest
    Blue Ridge Windshield
    MRA X-Creen Tour, clear, clamp-on
    H4 LED Headlights
    F3 LED Fog Light Kit, LED Amber Halo Ring Kit, LED Tail Lights, F3 Rear run/brake/turn LEDs
    Easy Brackets
    Leatherworks, Inc. 120 Special Slight Angle Saddlebags
    Custom Dynamics Front Mud Flap LED lights, Street Magic Front Fender Tips, Double Feature Lens
    2-up rear shock
    Idler pulley kit

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by deer30084 View Post
    Well, the max speed limit on I-10 is 70. So if you have vibration at 72 mph, just bring it back down to the legal speed limit and the vibration should go away.
    Wrong, its 80 from roughly Kerrville to El Paso, cruising at 90 GPS, you pass a few and many pass you.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

Ok, I’ve heard all the arguments about having the belt tensioner but on my 2018 f3t the belt rides on the pulley part closer top the saddle bags. I did have the BRP tensioner but it got destroyed by the belt because it rode too close to the edge. A local BRP dealer did do a belt alignment but it still rides close to the edge. F4C96FC1-2072-4433-A904-8C01705F2C23.jpg
    2018 Spyder F3T , Bright White