Spyder Garage

Default Gap next to frame by seat

Does this look normal with the different gaps on the two sides of the frame and the side panels?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Never noticed before, but there is a gap difference, from side to side, but...my gap is on the other side, from yours. Cosmetics, I can live with. It is the performance issues that I care about most. Don't try to pry it over with a crow bar...just enjoy the ride.

Spyder Garage

Just trying to make sure something was not assembled correctly or attached properly.

Spyder Garage

Innnnterrrresting, wot?!

But seeing as yours is off to one side Rush, while Geo's is off to the other side, maybe there IS something in the attachment/fittings that provides for an adjustment to centre everything on the frame?!? If you want to bother (risk??) pulling it apart that much anyhow?? Or possibly if you wanted to risk (bother??) seeing if you could get it sorted under warranty??

Regardless, it does sorta look like there's been some degree of 'a lackadaisical approach' involved in the assembly on both of your Rykers! . Who'da thunkit that BRP would ever let something like that leave the factory?! .
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rush1967 View Post
    Does this look normal with the different gaps on the two sides of the frame and the side panels?
    Unless I'm mistaken, that black plastic piece in the center of your photo is the back of the gas tank. Judging by the center line of your seat, it appears your tank is off center in the frame.
    2020 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Any idea how that could have happened? Is this something I could fix myself or do I have to take it to the dealer?

Spyder Garage

Any idea how that could have happened? Is this something I could fix myself or do I have to take it to the dealer?
    Mine has the same thing, and to be honest this is the first time I noticed it. I bought my Rally last April and I never saw it and never gave it a second thought. I sit on the seat and GO!
    My suggestion is to just enjoy the ride and don't get caught up on any of those little things.

Spyder Garage

A little cosmetic issue doesn't bother me but I'm just concerned if something is truly OFF and could perhaps cause other problems in the future.

Spyder Garage

Looking at the parts pic under Fuel System https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/us/en...ts-iframe.html listed on this site doesn't really show how it's mounted. Short of taking it apart to see for yourself, you could ask the dealer about it.
    2020 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

So I asked my dealer to look at this and today they tell me "all of them look like that" and "we didn't mount the gas tank cover, it comes like that from BRP". So I am not happy with their response. I will probably call Can Am about this but I would like to have an idea of how prevalent this is.

Could a few folks post a photo of this same seat/tankcover/gap area on the Ryker for comparison.

Thanks!

Spyder Garage

So I asked my dealer to look at this and today they tell me "all of them look like that" and "we didn't mount the gas tank cover, it comes like that from BRP". So I am not happy with their response. I will probably call Can Am about this but I would like to have an idea of how prevalent this is.

Could a few folks post a photo of this same seat/tankcover/gap area on the Ryker for comparison.

Thanks!
    Build date on my Ryker Rally is 10/2018.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

After seeing this post I decided to go check mine. The gap on my 2020 is pretty much even.
    2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition

Spyder Garage

I looked at mine a little closer today and it seems the center tank cover portion is where there is some movement if you try to move it back and forth. I think the left and right panels are pretty solid.

I’m going to call Can Am and see what they have to say about it.