Spyder Garage

Default blinking white led light when turning off

Good afternoon, hope everyone had as good of riding weather as we did here in Chicagoland today. It was beautiful.

When I got home and shut her down the bright white led in the middle in the back kept blinking, I don't remember anything staying on for this long. Did I hit a switch by accident? After starting her a couple of times it went off.

We are looking to by a couple of bicycles and everywhere we go they say if you order now you MIGHT have it by November or December. We think all we want are a couple of cruiser bikes with one speed and coaster brakes. Any ideas or is it the same all over, that's what I hear? They say it's been that way since March.

Thanks, Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wmh9680 View Post
    Good afternoon, hope everyone had as good of riding weather as we did here in Chicagoland today. It was beautiful.

When I got home and shut her down the bright white led in the middle in the back kept blinking, I don't remember anything staying on for this long. Did I hit a switch by accident? After starting her a couple of times it went off.

We are looking to by a couple of bicycles and everywhere we go they say if you order now you MIGHT have it by November or December. We think all we want are a couple of cruiser bikes with one speed and coaster brakes. Any ideas or is it the same all over, that's what I hear? They say it's been that way since March.

Thanks, Mike
    What bright white LED in back? I sure can't figure out what you're referring to. Don't remember seeing anything like that on my 2014 other than a regular light for the license plate.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I believe it is the backup light when going into reverse

Spyder Garage

Yes, It was the backup light and it just kept blinking, after I started and stopped her 3 or 4 times it stopped but I do not know why it was doing it in the first place. Thanks, Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wmh9680 View Post
    Yes, It was the backup light and it just kept blinking, after I started and stopped her 3 or 4 times it stopped but I do not know why it was doing it in the first place. Thanks, Mike
    Could you have accidentally or inadvertently slipped it into reverse rather than neutral when you initially shut it down?? Or had you reversed the Spyder into the shed/wherever, so the light was flashing as it should, & then simply shut it down? There are a few electrical things that remain on for a bit after you flick the Run/Off switch &/or turn the key..... it could've just been a hang-over?

But if it's not still doing it now, then you can probably forget it & just Ryde More, Worry Less!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!