Spyder Garage

Default Trunk open indicator light

I think this topic has been addressed before but I’m unable to find it. My F3L’s trunk open indicator light has continually flashed on since I’ve owned the bike (2 years). I’ve been adjusting the little tab so the contacts meet, but that is no longer working, I’m afraid the tab is about to break off. Any suggestions?

Spyder Garage

Pull the light (two push pins)and insert a shim of some sort under the micro switch.
    Maybe one day we meet in Linton and share some Spyder talk over lunch, if there's a place open there. I think Linton would be a half way location between us.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the suggestion....it worked. There are a couple of places in Linnton, the Lighthouse has outdoor seating.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ColumbiaSpyder View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion....it worked. There are a couple of places in Linnton, the Lighthouse has outdoor seating.
    Maybe Wednesday? My email is zittenfields@Q.com
    I'm retarded....I mean retired, so anytime is OK.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.

Spyder Garage

Its best not to mess with that switch. The post that is on the lid is a better option to fix this problem At least that is how I did it. At first I just added some electrical tape. It worked but I needed a better way that looked better. Next I stuck a ear plug on it but made it fit by shaping it and cutting a hollow into it. It was OK but finally I used a electrical heat shrink insulator to mold around it. That so far is the best solution. The post does not need much more length. maybe a 16th of an inch.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

As the saying goes: There's more than one way tie a cat's tail. AY4B has one approach that works, my method was to shim the microswitch upward a tad. It's easily accessed by pulling the 2 pins on the tail/brake light housing.