Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Where and how is going to straighten that frame, if it needs to be done?? I know when I get into a scrap with my snowmobiles the dealer works up a parts list of everything that they can see is messed up and gives that list to the insurance company then he makes the call from there!! If you can get a second opinion on this thing I would do it!! Good luck!! Even if they are going to repair it, with all this virus crap going on they will probably be a while getting all the parts you need, it's got everything screwed up in Maine! Good Luck!!
    My understanding is that if the frame is bent, it will be totaled out. I also know how insurance companies are, so I asked the dealer to keep me in the loop on everything.

So we are just setting and waiting for the verdict.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Glad you guys are OK. Having lived very close to Door, (Wyoming-36th & Byron Center) actually brother lived there, I am surprised you had to leave the state to find a deer willing to do battle with you. Where is the closest dealer/repair place? Kzoo maybe?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    My understanding is that if the frame is bent, it will be totaled out. I also know how insurance companies are, so I asked the dealer to keep me in the loop on everything.

So we are just setting and waiting for the verdict.
    Hope that they understand you’re standing to lose prime riding time soon if they drag their feet. If they ride themselves you would think they would be in your corner.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jarvis View Post
    Glad you guys are OK. Having lived very close to Door, (Wyoming-36th & Byron Center) actually brother lived there, I am surprised you had to leave the state to find a deer willing to do battle with you. Where is the closest dealer/repair place? Kzoo maybe?
    Yes we have dodged many of them close to home and are always looking for them. With this one I had just scanned the roadside to the right, and when I looked back to the left he was in the left lane running full tilt.

I took it to Fox Powersports, they purchased Shaumit Hills and moved to 44th and Clyde park area a few years ago.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpyder View Post
    Hope that they understand you’re standing to lose prime riding time soon if they drag their feet. If they ride themselves you would think they would be in your corner.
    They all ride, but right now everyone in the industry around here are completely buried with work. will take 2-3 weeks to get a boat worked on, same for a bike, quad, or side by side. Tis the season.

Spyder Garage

I know it doesn't get your bike back sooner but ask the ins. for loss of use. all of a sudden they got real quick when they had to pay that to me for my bike.
    2011 rt , pearl white

Spyder Garage

Hmmmm... at this point the insurance company said $3,700 in damage, and I thought that was a joke, and the appraiser nuts.

The dealer today sent over an estimate at $9,300 and they have not addressed the frame yet, they will get to that tomorrow. I will then send all that over and see what the agent says.

Spyder Garage

Here is an update for all of you.

After five months and almost $12,000.00, my 2015 RT Limited is back, all repaired and looks like new.
    As I suspected, the frame was bent and instead of totaling it, they installed a new frame, over $1,000.00 for the new painted frame alone. Several other parts they thought they were going to have replaced were good, so the total was still just under the $12,000.00 mark.

I now have two spyders in my garage, so I am going to sell the 2015.
    We purchased the 2020 RT Limited after finding it was going to be a long drawn out process to get the parts for repairs. and we put over 5,000 miles on the 2020 in less than 5 months. LOVE IT!

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The down side of all this is the title will now be branded as Salvage/Rebuilt. That is going to have a negative impact on selling price even if it is as good as new.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    The down side of all this is the title will now be branded as Salvage/Rebuilt. That is going to have a negative impact on selling price even if it is as good as new.
    If the insurance company paid for the repairs, why would it have a salvage brand on the title. Cars are repair and carfax will note accident without a brand on the title.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yeah, I think since it wasn't "totaled", but was repaired, it won't come with a salvage title.
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Nope, nothing on the title says that, it is clear.
    I thinl that is it was a total job, then purchased back and repaired it would, but it is all clear.

Spyder Garage

I thinl that is it was a total job, then purchased back and repaired it would, but it is all clear.
    So a comparison riding the two? Inquiring minds want to know. I rode our 2018 just around the park, then took the trike course on a 2021 brand new RTL(took a bit to get use to the location of the brake pedal) and now ride the 2018 on the road. Never had the 2021 off the training lot. I like the new Sea to Sky model. It has better looking wheels than the new 2021 RTL chrome ones. The 2019 chrome wheels look good also. Chris
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Glad to know you are okay and only your Spyder got damaged which can be repaired with money.
    Do you have insurance for your Spyder.
    Last edited by AlanSmith7; 12-16-2020 at 02:34 PM. Reason: edit one line.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You're right. My thinking got screwed up by the cost of the repair. I just sold a 97 Toyota with a Rebuilt/Salvage title so that was fresh on my mind and made me think rebuilt.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

I installed new rotors, pads, rear tire, checked everything out on the bike, and the camper trailer and headed out. Wife and I put the bike and trailer on the Badger car ferry going from Ludington MI to Manitowoc WI and enjoyed the 4 hour trip over. We unloaded the bike and were headed to Deadwood for the three wheel rally, enjoying the back roads of WI.

Just a few hours into our ride a crazed deer decided to run up a bank and into our path, we were cruising about 62mph, I hit the brakes as hard as I could, the trailer has brakes too and left some black marks, the brakes on the bike worked great, but we still made hard contact killing the dear. I pulled the bike off of the road and shut it off and got off to take a look at the damage.

Both mirrors gone, headlights and fog lights broken, bezel around lights broken, front shoved back about 1-1 1/2", switch panel on dash popped out, both speaker panels popped out, vent on right side missing, cant open glove box that i just got working right, no body line gaps on the right side are tight, we are talking 3/4" gaps, and one left front tire pushed back 3/4" farther than the right one. One small bruise on my arm where a mirror hit me(I think) and one small bruise on my wife's leg.

If this would have been a 2 wheeler, we might mot be here, but at the least would have spent some time sliding down the road. I LOVE MY SPYDER!!

I hope that my riding for the summer is not over because of waiting for repairs.

I want something to ride!!
    Was that a Wisconsin Deer? They have a tendency not to be on the bright side. My greatest fear when riding my Goldwing. I agree..... I prefer 3 wheels. The bike can be replaced. I hope this doesn’t persuade you NOT to ride.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What kind of trailer you towing with trailer brakes on it?
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snoking1127 View Post
    So a comparison riding the two? Inquiring minds want to know. I rode our 2018 just around the park, then took the trike course on a 2021 brand new RTL(took a bit to get use to the location of the brake pedal) and now ride the 2018 on the road. Never had the 2021 off the training lot. I like the new Sea to Sky model. It has better looking wheels than the new 2021 RTL chrome ones. The 2019 chrome wheels look good also. Chris
    I loved my 2015 and the way it handeled. I did put on the BAJARON swaybar though. The problem I had with the 2015 is my left hip will start to hurt and burn after just a few miles. I addded a RDL seat and it helped, but didnt cure it. No matter what I did, I even added a gell pad to the seat, and I still had the problem. I love to ride so every year it was pop Ibuprofen to ride. (It was still worth it)

I test road a 2020 RT L before I purchased one. I LOVE the 2020, I have not had to take any drugs to ride. The lower position of the seat, the forward position of my legs, it is just a much better riding position. I did purchase a comfort seat for it from a fellow Spyderlovers member for $150.00, well worth the money. I also like being able to put two full face helmets in the trunk, or my rain gear, heated gear, and leathers all at the same time. I also think it handles better then the 2015 did without adding the new sway bar yet. I know a lot of people dislike BRP connect, but i have has very few issues with it, I think it is a nice feature,

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AlanSmith7 View Post
    Glad to know you are okay and only your Spyder got damaged which can be repaired with money.
    Do you have insurance for your Spyder.
    Yes, through Markel insurnce. All paid in full, and because of years of no claims, they waved the deductable. Not a dime came out of my pocket.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerchris1270 View Post
    Was that a Wisconsin Deer? They have a tendency not to be on the bright side. My greatest fear when riding my Goldwing. I agree..... I prefer 3 wheels. The bike can be replaced. I hope this doesn’t persuade you NOT to ride.
    NO WAY!!!! We will ride untill we are unable to get on it.
    Both wife and I are prettey calm people and dont get worked up by the things life throws at us. We know that God is on our side and has control. If it is our time to go ther is nothing we will be able to do to stop it, so we might as well enjoy our life while we can.
    As stated above, we put over 5,000 miles on the new one from August to the first week of December. We LOVE to ride!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerchris1270 View Post
    What kind of trailer you towing with trailer brakes on it?
    It is an aspen camper trailer. The brake controler is a prodigy that mounts on the hitch of the trailer and the remote control to change settings plugs into the power outlet on the bike. The controler looks like a mic on a CB radio, you adjust the brakes on the trailer just like with a dash mounted controler.