Spyder Garage

Default No new adventures today......

After a little over 2,000 miles on my Ryker, I am as comfortable behind the handle bars as I am behind the wheel of my pickup. Which I finally had to drive today. Refuled it last on 06/26 and it's still on Full. Needed to go grocery shopping, and as you know, the Ryker is NOT the grocery shopping type of ride. Not when the grocery store is 60 miles away. Unless of course you're just going to buy a 12 oz bottle of soda, in which case it's the perfect ride.

I am really liking the twisties, now that I understand how to deal with them. Now, when I see one of those wiggle arrow signs on the road, I know some fun is just ahead and a big old grin spreads across my face.

Tired some of that Rain-X Waterless Car Wash on my Ryker this morning. Worked pretty good. A while back I made a post on this forum asking for opinions on the Atlas Throttle Lock and I received a number of replies, most of them pro Atlas.

About a week ago, I got an email from one of the Spyderlovers community members. He told me he had purchased a couple for his bikes, but they are not compatible with the heated grips he wanted to put on one of them. He offered to send me that one. I said great and asked how much he wanted for it and he said "Gratas, just pay it forward in the future."

Well it came in the mail and I got it installed. Tonight I took a little ride out of town, and set my speed at 47. For 3 1/2 miles, the speed never waived more than between 46-48 mph. Tomorrow I'm going to take it for a test run down Interstate 90, see how well it does at higher speeds. But so far I'm very pleased with it.

Well that's about it for now. So till next time, keep on Ryken, I mean riding....
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    I am really liking the twisties, now that I understand how to deal with them. Now, when I see one of those wiggle arrow signs on the road, I know some fun is just ahead and a big old grin spreads across my face.
    I hear you, Greg. I just spent a couple days ryding Hwy 89A between Prescott Valley and Jerome in AZ and it was a blast. Then add in the component of climbing and descending about 2000 ft on both sides of the summit and you really have something. Here is a rendering of that route:

IMG_0640 (1).jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-12-2020 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAZ View Post
    I hear you, Greg. I just spent a couple days ryding Hwy 89A between Prescott Valley and Jerome in AZ and it was a blast. Then add in the component of climbing and descending about 2000 ft on both sides of the summit and you really have something. Here is a rendering of that route:

IMG_0640 (1).jpg
    Holy Moly.... I don't have anything like that in my neck of the woods. That would be a real challenge.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired

Very Active Member SportsterDoc's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I just spent a couple days ryding Hwy 89A between Prescott Valley and Jerome...
    Glad you had a chance to ride it, Jeff.
    23 Moto Guzzi V7-850 SE 23 Yamaha XT250 18 Yamaha Bolt R-Spec 22 Triumph Street Twin 20 CanAM Ryker 900 14 Honda CB1100 18 Yamaha XT250 16 Moto Guzzi V7 II 17 Yamaha TW200 12 Triumph Bonneville 02 Sportster 1200 Sport 03 Sportster 883 76 Honda CB750F 75 Honda CB360 70 Yamaha CT1 72 Yamaha CT2 72 Yamaha AT2/CT2 70 Honda SL350 70 Honda CL350 67 Honda CL160 67 Honda CB160 62 Honda CA110
    2020 900 , NGK 4218 iridium CR8EIX Matte black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Throttle lock

I've had a few on various Touring bikes over the decades .... and the only drawback I found was - the steeper the climb the slower the speed dropped.... for a steady equal climb you could adjust the speed which also worked ...... Good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Thanks SD. If you make it down to Clarksdale sometime, send me a PM, and if our schedules align maybe I can come up and ryde the area with you. I still need to ryde 89A from Sedona to Flagstaff, too.

Spyder Garage

Hey gk try a weekend trip to eastern Oregon more twists than you can count. One of my most enjoyable trips i have taken.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dklehman View Post
    Hey gk try a weekend trip to eastern Oregon more twists than you can count. One of my most enjoyable trips i have taken.
    Might be on my calendar....
    Greg Kamer

USAF, 20 years, retired

Spyder Garage

Lucky Dog

Spyder Garage

IMG_0640 (1).jpg
    Lucky Dog

Very Active Member SportsterDoc's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thanks SD. If you make it down to Clarksdale sometime, send me a PM, and if our schedules align maybe I can come up and ryde the area with you. I still need to ryde 89A from Sedona to Flagstaff, too.
    I was in Ash Fork, Wednesday. Not much there, but Lulu Belles has decent BBQ.
    Daughter from Clarkdale met us and collected a grandson, so we could head home to Las Vegas.

Plan to take the Ryker to Clarkdale probably late September.
    Might be able to meet up in Prescott Valley, but I try to not have a timetable when riding.
    Usually take Route 66 from Kingman to Seligman, then Seligman to Crookton, when on a bike or taking grandkids to Keepers of the Wild.
    23 Moto Guzzi V7-850 SE 23 Yamaha XT250 18 Yamaha Bolt R-Spec 22 Triumph Street Twin 20 CanAM Ryker 900 14 Honda CB1100 18 Yamaha XT250 16 Moto Guzzi V7 II 17 Yamaha TW200 12 Triumph Bonneville 02 Sportster 1200 Sport 03 Sportster 883 76 Honda CB750F 75 Honda CB360 70 Yamaha CT1 72 Yamaha CT2 72 Yamaha AT2/CT2 70 Honda SL350 70 Honda CL350 67 Honda CL160 67 Honda CB160 62 Honda CA110
    2020 900 , NGK 4218 iridium CR8EIX Matte black