Spyder Garage

Default Need to Find 2010 Multifunction Gauge error lights diagram

I was on a ride this morning and the 2010 Spyder RT SM5 "bogged down" for a second but kept running. It did it a second time. Then orange LIMP MODE with orange ENGINE symbol that alternated with a "winged" symbol of something, flashing orange light at 2 o'clock on gauge, steady orange light at 5 o'clock. I can't find a picture of a 2010 gauge to know what those lights are. They don't show very clearly on my gauge. There no active codes.

Anyone able to help?
    Jim
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-11-2020 at 02:37 PM. Reason: This is a 'How do I?' not a 'How to:' diy explanation....

Ryde, eat, sleep.... repeat

2019 Spyder RT Limited Pearl White/Dark
    LaMonster drink holder with X-Grip
    LaMonster Belt Dampener
    Lamonster USB cable with extension

Variously called Stormtrooper, Pearl, and Goober by wife and various (friends?)

Spyder Garage

Multiple lights,errors check your battery & connections The “winged” might be DPS shows handle bars with small arrows.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Do you have the operator's guide for it? If not go to http://epc.brp.com. The symbols and what they mean are in there on page 27. Take a pic of the cluster just after you turn the key on and while it's going through the self test. That way you can correlate the symbols in the guide to the position on the screen.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    Multiple lights,errors check your battery & connections The “winged” might be DPS shows handle bars with small arrows.
    I think you mean VSS. I believe VSS errors don't show a code.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I think you mean VSS. I believe VSS errors don't show a code.
    thx how’s this
    819AE5D8-F392-45BF-9CD9-1112FA4CB7CF.jpg from the my SPYDER app

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    thx how’s this
    819AE5D8-F392-45BF-9CD9-1112FA4CB7CF.jpg from the my SPYDER app
    Yes - it is a DPS error. What is the DPS error telling me? I’ll check all my connections too. Thanks. Replying late because I was away on vacation.

LaMonster Belt Dampener

Spyder Garage

DPS errors can be due to poor battery condition &/or loose connections (power or ground) - these electric power steering devices are bleedin' power hungry devices!!

They usually show up as really heavy steering, altho if it's a loose &/or floppy connection, it can mean scarily 'intermittent & erratic' steering (do you really hafta ask me how I know this?? ) but regardless, it usually isn't long before you can tell that something is drastically wrong with your steering assist..... or the Spyder simply refuses to start at all cos the battery that was initially 'just a bit tired', is now 'well and truly dead!'

On the other Hand, it could 'just' be your DPS has failed, and if it's gone into 'Limp Home' mode, there's a good chance (which is bad really! Or Really Bad, if you prefer it that way! ) that your DPS has completely carked it, ie, it's cactus, kaput, defunct, dead as dry dingo's donga!!

Replacing a dead DPS is not cheap, and I don't believe that anyone has yet managed to 'repair' or replace enough components in them to get one working again, or any cheaper than doing a complete replacement up front..... Not sure of the replacement cost over there, but here in Oz, the part alone comes to a 4 figure number after the $ sign - and then there's a few hour's of labour costs AND the need to connect it up to BUDS to make sure the steering is all centred and working properly, so for most, it means an expensive trip to the steale.... errr, dealer!

Sorry!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Thanks Peter for the details. I am thinking I need to trade this 2010 for one of the "new" 2019s. There are a couple in my area here. SInce the bike is going to be 11 years old I don't want to keep throwing money into it. But I assume that the DPS - if it is kaput, dead, finished, all done, I need to fix it for safety reasons. If I go to trade, I would be honest and describe the issue to them. I will try the battery and cables route first. I appreciate the info.
    Jim

LaMonster Belt Dampener