Spyder Garage

Default Viking Saddlebags

This is an FYI post for all spyderlovers:
    I purchased a pair of Extra large size saddlebags from Vikingsaddlebags.com in April this year at a cost of $524.00.
    I noticed that the locking mechanism on one of the bags would not latch.
    So I called there customer service and they said they cannot replace just the locking mechanism.
    IF I can take pictures of the bag they might consider replacing it at my cost to ship.
    I have added luggage type handles to the bags to make it easier to handle them.
    Now I am stuck with a bag that does not lock and a distributor that cannot replace just the bag cover lock.
    If anyone is considering Viking Saddlebags you may want to consider another supplier/manufacturer??
    Rotax

Spyder Garage

just bought some about 1 week ago . will see how it goes did you get 2 keys or only one key with them. they just came in looked like one of them was a returned one because was not wrapped the same. I need to look at them closely to make sure nothing wrong with it. Already called and told then about it also said to take a picture if damaged and they will take care of it. I don't know a lot of places that will pay for shipping back to them on a warranty claim, usually you pay shipping to them and they pay shipping back to you . Also how did you mount them I got the mounting kit from accessories international looks pretty cool.

Spyder Garage

Found this on the internet when looking up the company:

Viking Bags Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of ...www.trustpilot.com › ... › Motorcycle Shop
    Jul 2, 2020 - Cheap product made in Pakistan and… Cheap product made in Pakistan and terrible product support in USA. Lock broke shortly after warranty period and was told that they did not sell or get replacement parts for items where the warrant expired. Suggested I buy a new set of $400 saddlebags to remedy the broken lock.

Sounds familiar to the above.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I have a set that's about a month old. I like them very much. On one of them I have to push the cover in toward the bike a little bit for it to latch but it's ok. It didn't do that before I mounted it. I think the issue is flexing caused by the mounting. Not a big deal once I found the right way to push the cover over a little. Otherwise they seem to be very good quality.
    2020 F3S-SS , Titanium/Black

Spyder Garage

Check out Saddlebag Depot Model SPDR-R1 Easy Brackets for Can-Am Spyder F3/F3S $156.00
    video...www.greatbikergear.com
    They allow you to remove the bags and they lock onto the mount which mounts to the bag
    which is bolted to passenger hand rails
    They use the passenger hand rails if you have an F3-S
    Look for Easy Brackets

Spyder Garage

that's what I have

Spyder Garage

Those are the brackets I have too.
    2020 F3S-SS , Titanium/Black